Chapter 1

Shay wake yo ass up, you finna be late for school. Damn why my momma got to be ghetto as fuck. I leaned over and looked at the alarm 6:35 oh she right I do need to get up. I managed to drag my ass out of bed and downstairs. My mom was standing at the base of the stairs looking at me.

Lashayla why in the blue hell is yo ass getting up so late.

Ion know why but the important thing is I'm up now and I'll put some hustle in my bustle.

You betta and if you miss the bus I don't know how you getting to school cause I gotta go to work

. I got chu moms I won't be late and if I do I'll wake up Van.

That boy done graduated he don't feel like getting up and taking you to school because you can't wake up on time.

Mom he loves his little sis.

Aight Shay get to school and I won't be here when you get home I'm going to your father's court hearing.

Aight mom tell pops I said stay strong.

After my mom left I ran my ass upstairs to get ready I already knew I'm gonna miss this bus so I'm going to stay my sweet ass time in this shower. When I got out the shower I looked in the mirror my curly hair is a mess but I don't feel like doing it so I just simply brush it to tame the mane. Then I throw on my Hollister jeans and obey sweater and my Tims. I decided to put on my dope chain too and my big ole hoop earrings. I could drive myself to school but I'm grounded from driving until tomorrow so if I miss the bus I have to depend on my brother Lavan but he graduated last year so it's hard to get him up. I tiptoed in his room and then I jumped on him.

What the fuck, Shay the fuck is wrong wit yo ass.

I need a ride to school.

So take your self you have a license.

But Van I'm grounded remember.

That sounds like I personal problem ShayShay.

Van please.

Fine damn get the fuck off me tho.

Thank you Van.

Next time wake yo ass up and don't miss the damn bus.

Aight daddy damn. I was laughing but he wasn't I guess a struck a sore spot when I said daddy. Van blames himself for dad going to jail, he always said that if he hadn't chickened out when the police showed up dad wouldn't have got caught making the drop. I hopped out of his Cadillac Escalade and ran into school.

When I got to school my girl Jaiya was waiting for me.

Damn girl why yo ass late you hungover or some shit.

Nah Jai,I just overslept.

Well I see you had your fine ass brother drop you off.

Jai that's gross he's my brother, now shut your thirsty ass up and let's meet up with the rest of the crew. Komia, Khan,Javi were all waiting for me and Jai. We all sat and ate breakfast discussing our classes. Javi is Jaiya's twin brother and I must admit he is sexy but he ain't my type he's more of a friend. Khan is my preschool crush but after kindergarten I got over him. Komia just joined our crew she's Khan girlfriend and I must admit I kinda don't like the bitch but as long she treat Khan right we cool. As we sat here laughing and talking the bell rang and me,Jai, and Javi walked to geometry.

When we get to class there is some nigga in my seat.

Excuse me this is my seat I quietly whispered to him.

Oh I'm sorry I'm Raquan but you can call me Ray. mmmm he got a sexy face,sexy eyes, and a nice name oh snap Shay don't get yourself all got up in this dude.

Well I'm Lashayla but you can call me Shay.

Lashayla that's interesting is there a story behind it.

Just when I was about to have a nice conversation with this boy loud mouth thirsty ass Jai walks over.

Hello I'm Jaiya but you can call me any time.

Well I'm Ray and it's nice to meet you any time. Jai's face turned red and I couldn't help but laugh at her. She went back to her seat. Class was boring and so was the rest of my day until I was leaving school.

Hey Shay. I heard someone yell so I looked around expecting to see Jai but instead I saw Ray running toward me. Hey you.

well hello Ray I didn't know you were a track star I said with a little giggle

. I want to get your number so we can chat and possibly become friends

. You bold asking me for my number and we just met but sure I'll give it too you.

When I got home my brother was sitting on the couch watching cops.

Hey Shay I could've sworn I saw you on this show running from the police.

You might did who knows what I've been up to. I said with a giggle and headed into the kitchen.

Hey Shay since you're in the kitchen can you make me a sandwich.

Umm Van let me think uhh no.

Would you treat your one and only brother like this.

Van you aren't dying you can go make your own damn sandwich.

young lady don't cuss at me. He couldn't even keep a straight face while trying to have a stern talk with me.

Now what would momma say Shay if she heard you using that language.

She would tell me to watch my fuckin mouth then she would walk away.

Shay drop the attitude and do your homework.

Its not attitude it's just me being me. When I got upstairs and attempted to start my homework I got a text from an unknown number.

Hey
Umm Hey who is this
Oh sorry it's Ray
Oh hey Ray wassup
Nm doing homework
Oh dang for what class
Geometry the worst
I'm doing my chemistry homework
Sounds interesting hey listen I gtg now but you have my number.

I feel the beginning of a beautiful friendship but I also have the feeling Ray wants more but he just met me so maybe not. I finished my homework and I was more tired than hungry so I took a shower put on my hello kitty pjs and let my wet curly hair dangle as I climbed into bed and drifted into a great sleep.