Chapter 23

Armando POV

Her father will come for my head but I don't care. She had it coming. In fact he did too. All I care about is my princess recovering. When I got there they had finished the surgery and they had stabilised her as well. I wass so thankful for that. Even in this state her beauty could not be ignored. And her strength as well.

My little fighter. I said looking at her face. Feeling guilty for not being able to protect what is most precious to me. Of what use am I.
"I am so sorry princess." I said as I rubbed her habd. Hoping and waiting for her to wake up.

I Slept by her side Day and night. Till she did.

One morning I was called that a shipment needed to be taken care of. I wasn't I the right state but I went all the same. Afterwards I rushed back to the hospital only to be met with the greatest news.

"She's awake."
I squealed in joy and walked past the doctor straight into her room. And looked into her eyes. It was true she was awake but she looked weak. I took her hand and kissed it.

"Princess, thank you so much. For coming back to me." I said and nuzzled in her chest. I didn't get much of a reaction out of her because she was still quite weak. But I realised something else was wrong. Her legs. She stared at it for a long time and it started dawning on me the possibility of what happened her legs. She looked so scared. I called the doctor and asked him what was going on. He looked surprised too since he looked like he expected everything to be alright too.

"Armando she's is fine and she will be fine. It just seems she will need a little help in the next 3 months to perfect her walking." He said and I understood what he meant by that. They managed to repair the leg but not totally or not as much as estimated. So for her to walk well again she needs help. And I was more than willing to give her that help.

3 months later....
Sylvia's POV
Armando has been so sweet. He helped me. Cane with me for all or most of my physio sessions. I can't wait to walk normally again. Each time I fell he was there to catch me. But wait, why am I grateful when he put me in thiss situation in the first place. No I shoot that thought of. I love him and thinking like that wouldn't help us.
"Armando is annoyingly late today isn't he?" I asked the nurse. "Don't worry he'll be here soon." She said with a smile.
Just when I turned I saw Armando on his kneed with 4 people behind him holding up a huge placard of will you marry me? That's so sweet. "Yes." I squealed and attempted to run to him but fell. He caught me and he promised to always catch me when I fall. I am so excited I can't wait for the wedding!