Chapter 7

"Seriously Jade, a few sheet masks a month can make such a difference

"Seriously Jade, a few sheet masks a month can make such a difference. Trust me; I know," Alyssa flung her hair over her shoulders. She probably had the clearest skin in the world, not a blemish in sight.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I do enough by washing my face every day and using my daily moisturizer," I said as we walked down the aisle of the small boutique. "Maybe you should try to get Thalia into your regime." I nodded to Thalia who walked beside us, her head buried in her phone.

"Huh? What?" She lifted her chin and put her phone away. "Sorry, I was texting someone back." I invited Thalia to go shopping with us for the premiere. Alyssa was invited as well but being the perfectionist she is she already had her outfit picked out and ordered months ago.

"You weren't missing anything. Alyssa is just boring me about her fascination with face masks," I giggled at the stank face Alyssa sent me.

"Oh my gosh, Jade, look at this!" Alyssa quit her pouting and stopped in front of a pretty pink dress that touched the floor, a long slit on one leg. "This is perfect for you." She waved over one of the tailors and asked them to take my measurements. The small woman nodded and measured my waist, hips, and bust with a roll of beige tape.

I watched Alyssa whisk Thalia away to another dress across the room. I blew out a breath as I let the woman take my measurements. Alyssa came back and stood by while I paid for the dress. Taryn came up a second later to do the same. Both dresses were to be ready in two days.

Perfect.

Three days passed and the premiere was in three hours. I took my time getting ready at the hotel Alyssa, Thalia, and I checked into. As his guests Jess booked the rooms for us at Dynasty Heights, one of Las Vegas' best.

I banged on Alyssa's door, my pearl clutch in my other hand. I could hear the music she had bumping from outside the room. "Lyss," I called her, trying not to yell in these rich people's halls.

The door swung open, Ayssa's body adorned in a light blue dress.  Her hair was slicked back into a low bun, her edges done to perfection and her makeup flawless. She really knew how to do everything. "What, I'm ready,' she tucked her hotel key into her small purse. "Where's Thalia?"

"In her room, I'm getting you first because I know how much it takes to get you out of your room," I shook my head.

Her eyes bounced up and down my figure, her features lighting up. "You look so pretty, I have amazing taste," she touched little parts of my dress, adjusting them.

Thalia stepped out of her room a few feet down the hall, her beige dress catching my eye from Alyssa's door. Her head was buried in her phone, her fingers flying a mile a minute. She looked up and spotted the two of us at the end of the hall. A smile lit up on her face and she approached us.

"Aw Thali, you look so pretty," I cooed. Her beige dress wrapped elegantly around her and her dark brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun, tendrils framing her heart-shaped face.