Chapter 5

I cleared my throat awkwardly before sliding into the backseat of the sleek black car

I cleared my throat awkwardly before sliding into the backseat of the sleek black car. Reid went in after me, nodding to the driver to go. His hazel eyes slid to me, silently telling me to start.

I opened the plan over my lap and licked my dry lips before I briefed him on what I constructed over the past week. He listened intently, His eyes looking over my shoulder, reading the same words I spoke. Our shoulders touched, and the fabric of his suit clashed with the sleeve of my blouse. My breath grew faint the more we stayed in this god-awful position. I was trapped inside with the smell of caramel going in and out of my nose every second I inhaled.

"That's my take on the design plan. Any questions or concerns before I put it into motion," I tilted my head to look him in the eyes.

He hummed, leaning his back on the seat, "No, your plan seems solid. Draft up a contract and the paperwork and send them to me to sign." He looked out the window, the car coming to a stop. I stayed glued to my seat, expecting the car to take me back to the office.

The door on my side opened and my mouth parted in shock. "You want me to get out?"

"Yes, my driver has to pick up a client for me so you're just going to have to accompany me inside," he nodded to the large building. Briole was a well-known art gallery in the city of Las Vegas. Reid was attending a Private View which was by invitation only. I looked down at my outfit, not sure if I was dressed appropriately for it.

"You look fine Miss. Silvia. Don't stand too long on the road, you might cause an accident." His eyes raked over my figure, and then flew back up to my face. I rounded the car and joined Reids' side. The car drove off and then we were walking inside the building.

Reid was welcomed in with open arms, by a bald man with glasses who approached him with a wide smile on his face. "Reid Willaims, glad to see you could make it."

Reid shook his hand, a tight grin plastered on his face "Thank you for the invitation. You've got quite a crowd here."

The bald man's gaze drifted to me his eyebrows raising, "You've brought a date."

"I'm not his date," I cleared the air before Reid could utter a response. "I'm his Civil Engineer, I work for him at WilliamsCo. My name is Jade Silvia," I smiled politely, holding out my hand.

"Nice to meet your acquaintance Miss. Silvia," he shook my hand, his fingers squeezing around my palm. "My name is German Ricci. Would you like me to show you a few of my favorite pieces?" He raised a brow.

I looked up to Reid who was busy watching the door. My brow arched, curious about what he was looking for. A second later a woman draped in a ruby red dress entered the room, her hair inky black and in curls and down to her back. Her eyes brightened when they caught sight of Reid and she made her way over.

"Hello Reid," her voice was the epitome of elegance, smooth and soft like butter.

"Maci," Reid smiled; a real smile, not one he puts on for show. A slight pang made its way up to my chest, jealousy stealing my breath. He turned to me and the bald guy, whose name I seemed to have already forgotten. "You guys can go ahead, I'll stay with Maci," he nodded before giving her his full attention.