• CHAPTER TWENTY •

Gia

My legs were squeezed shut as I sat behind my desk. Viktor took off as soon as I left his office. It's been an hour and he still hasn't come back.

He's guilty of something. I don't know what he did but it has something to do with Paige.

I can't help but to feel used by the way he treated me. I wish I could confront him about it but he's gone.

* * *

The rest of my day went by faster than I thought it would. I grabbed my purse before I left my office. I walked down the corridor before entering the elevator.

Someone cleared their throat behind me so I looked up at them and my eyes widened in shock.

"Mr Marroquín." I said in shock as one of the Marroquín twins stood in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"Luciano," he kindly told me in a greeting manner while holding his hand out to me.

"Gianna," I said before shaking his hand. "What brings you here, Luciano?" I asked him and he placed his hands in his pockets.

"Board meeting." He replied shortly.

"Was it successful?" I asked him.

"Yes," he quickly replied and the elevator dawned in silence.

"So you and Viktor?" He asked me and I frowned up at him.

"Yes me and Viktor." I said before narrowing my eyes on him and he smiled broadly.

"I must say, he has good taste in women." Luciano remarked and I raised a single eyebrow at his words.

"Was that a compliment, Mr Marroquín?" I asked him and he nodded at me.

"Yes, I think you're beautiful." Luciano blankly said while staring into my eyes and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I briefly responded.

The elevator suddenly dinged and I let out a soft breath of relief.

"I'll keep in touch with you, Gianna." Luciano told me with a smile on his face and I chuckled to myself.

You'll keep in touch with me if you somehow manage to get my contact information, Luciano.

I doubt he'll manage.

I left the elevator before greeting the two receptionists on the ground floor and they waved at me with smiles on their faces.

I climbed into my car before driving home. My phone started ringing so I glanced over at it. It's Viktor calling.

I ignored his call before I placed my focus back on the road. I continued my drive home while my phone continued to ring.

Once I stopped in front of our mansion I locked my car before I entered our house. I froze in my steps when I entered the kitchen.

Viktor and uncle Kemal was having a serious conversation, and of course I had to be the one to interrupt them. At least now I know why he was calling.

"What are you doing here?" I calmly asked Viktor and he came walking over to me. He took my face into his hands before he looked into my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and I almost melted at the sound of his accent.

"You left, Viktor. Without saying a word. And that after she came to see you." I told Viktor and uncle Kemal quietly left the kitchen.

"Okay, I will confess to you Gia. Before you get mad, hear me out. Okay?" He asked me and I frowned lightly.

"If you're going to break my heart then just don't say anything." I told Viktor and he silently looked at me.

We continued to stare at each for what felt like at least thirty minutes.

"Just say it." I said under my breath and Viktor clenched his jaw.

"We kissed." He uttered the words that I had been dreading to hear.

"You kissed." I repeated his words under my breath.

"And you were thinking about her when you were with me." I said blankly and Viktor took a step closer to me so I took one back.

"Gia," he started in a gentle tone.

"Did you or did you not think about her while you were going down on me?" I asked him and he placed both of his hands behind his neck.

"I did." He blankly told me.

"I understand." I uttered softly.

"No you don't. Yell at me baby, throw something against the wall, anything Gia. Just don't lie to me." He said and I snapped.

"My god, you are such a hypocrite Viktor. You lied to me first so don't act like honesty ever mattered to you." I angrily told him.

"I'm being honest with you right now! How does that make me a hypocrite?" He asked me and I glared at him.

"Don't turn me into someone I'm not. I don't yell at people. I don't want to get angry, Viktor so don't force me to." I tiredly told him as tears started running down my cheeks.

"That wasn't my intention baby. But you can't keep bottling things up inside." He told me in a gentle tone.

"I don't keep things bottled up inside. I think you should leave, we both know that whatever we had between us is over. And don't even bother helping me with Ozan, because that will only drive me further away from you. I'll find help elsewhere." I pointedly told Viktor.

"Gia," Viktor started so I wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Please leave." I begged him before I went upstairs to my room. I started crying uncontrollably as everything that happened was finally starting to sink in.

❤️