Chapter fourteen

Damien's  P.O.V :   

" two mac cheese burger  with fries and coke and two Mac royals , and two apple pies , please ." I said to the waiter at the drive in window 

" Sure , anything else ?" He said 

" no thanks " I said back and waited for him to hand me my order . 

" Thanks " I said to the guy taking the bag from his hands . 

" welcome , have a nice evening " He said and already moving on to the car after me . 

I handed the bag to Marline " hold that for a sec " 

"sure" She said back 

I started pulling out  of mac drive in ,

" So is there a place you wanna go to " I said glancing her way 

" not exactly , anywhere is fine " She said .

I could sense that the air between us wasn't completely normal and still held the tension to it . But I tried my hardest to ignore what happened those past days and act as if nothing happened . 

" OK then do you mind if I improvise " I said back 

" No ' she stated simply

" fine then " I said back . 

The ride was quite , it returned to that uncomfortable silence , dead silence, I didn't know what I should do to break it .

In my whole life I never was in a situation like this and I'm not talking about the silence , but the whole situation .

Criminals , suspects , they where always imbibed in my mind as such. never tried to get personal with them it always was work wise professional . when I wanted something I got it with just intriguing the person in front of me in a formal FBI office .

But I never thought I would have to befriend one even though she's innocent . And more importantly I was never communicating with someone who was rapped before and seem to have so much in her past that she prefers to bury it up afraid to even visit it's tomb .

However here I am trying to deal with it all and to find a place to go , I suggested going to an elite restaurant which serves good food but all she said is simply and I quote " I am not good enough " . I couldn't believe her but I didn't push it as we didn't need more complication .

Tonight was all about getting comfortable with each other and breaking the ice. 

Marline's P.O.V :  

I knew he was trying his best to break the tension . I can see the lines on his face formed into concentration trying to figure something out , trying to solve a riddle .

He was trying from the start of the evening . and though I know I should just let it be and just talk .I couldn't . I couldn't go back to this pain .

At  first I was like hell I got caught and  was only worrying about my safety .

But now I'm afraid of more I know that I look and give the vibe that I don't give shit but in all reality from the inside I was breaking , breaking to fine peaces and now going through this I found myself breaking all over again . 

  So many things that were inside pleading to come out , so much pain thrashing around trying to find an escape from the jail I have put it in , the grave that I have buried it all in . 

Memories that were roaming like ghosts waiting for the chance to scare me out of my life waiting to finish what it started . Killing me . 

  So in order to defend myself I built this huge wall around myself , iron locks around my heart , and cold iced my feelings just to preserve them from decaying in the hot tormenting pain . I blocked everybody out including me .