Chapter five

This chapter is dedicated to the awasome Annie_K for her great support and comments thank you very much and of course for all of you readers thank you for your time .Go ahead read on hope you enjoy.

______________________________________________________________________________

Marline's P.O.V:

I couldn't understand him; he paid all this money just so he can talk to me, and try to advice me to leave this work. I don't get it. Why? why did he came to this place, why did he care to talk to me, why did he want to give me a ride home. WHY did he care?

'Wanting to be a friend' he said. He seemed nice enough. he had those beautiful, kind eyes, yet they held an arrogant look like all men, with a calculating look. a look of a leader, a detective, maybe a man that 's after solving puzzles . But he was really serious when talking to me, he was arguing with me, and his vein in his neck was throbbing. I questioned him over and over, why he cared and what's his business in it. All he said is that he wanted to be a friend.

 Could it really be that there is one man who doesn't see me as his toy? His sex slave? that he can see me more of a ….. Human.  Who needs a friend, and has a heart, and morels?

 My soul ignited with a flicker of hope, and maybe even happiness. Maybe this is the time where I should open up a bit. NO. I stopped myself from thinking those thoughts. Those thoughts were only for the people who didn't live like me with a gang and FBI after me, I can't open to anyone, I wouldn't. No one is trust worthy, No one.

Meanwhile when I was having those thoughts, I remembered that I don't even know his name! I had a conversation with him, argued with him, and had a drive home with him, and I didn't even ask his name! how more stupid can you get Marline? I said to myself.

"He could be a killer for god's sack" I said sarcastically. My eyes widened what if he is a gang member that is befriending me to kill me? Or worst the police? Or he could be no one. I don't know, but there is one thing that I am sure of it. I have to keep my eyes wide open. 

Damian's P.O.V:

The drive to Marline's home was uneventful. There was a silent in the car that wasn't understood. It was not a tensioned one, nor comfortable one, or even awkward one, it was simply undefined.

 The confusion in Marline's mind was evident on her face. There was a battle going inside. a battle of mind it is. She was confused, and she had the right to, with all that's happening in her life, I guess an act as mine was weird. And to try and believe that I was not going to harm her was going to take some time.

 Well I had to start my next mission in our so called friendship; at the end I wanted information from her. And in a world like this, that wasn't easy. And the next step will take weeks, if not months.

The next mission: gain her trust.

Marline's P.O.V:

I woke up 10 in the morning to do my usual routine on my weekend. Stretching on my bed, with the sun burning through my eyes, I lifted myself off the bed, and ordered my feet to take me to my drawer. searching through my clothes, I took one of my comfy bras and a matching underwear, and to complete the comforting mood I was in today( see as there is no work today) I grabbed a jeans, not a skiny one, and a white shirt with a blue hood on it, and my navy blue converse.

 Entering the shower, I took a warm bath to cool my nerves. While the water was massaging my aching body, I couldn't help thinking of what a strange encounter with this man last night was, and what a stupid mind I had for not knowing who he was before accepting his offer to drive me home. But I promise myself not to repeat this mistake again. Ever.