chapter 5

The door burst open making everyone look up. A small boy stood in the door opening looking guite panicked. "I am very sorry to interupt your dinner your grace but im afraid you would want to hear this." mother nodded her head showing she wanted him to go on.

"Well the kingdom of dragham has in some kind of way infaded or kingdom last night and they somehow maneged to do that with an army with a few thousand soldairs.

We suspect that they will send more troops and seeing your daughter the princess is leaving tomorow i thought you might want to know" the boy quickly said in one breath. My mother somewhere stood up duiring al this. Her face looked and the table with furrowed eyebrows. "Your leaving tonight." "What why i thought this would be my last night here." "Yes it still is it will just be cut a little bit shorter.

You two will be leaving tonight with a group of soldairs traveling via the main road so that you can see when something is coming." "No. Im sorry miss.Lark but won't it be smarter if we travel off the roads with just us two so that they won't see us. We could send a few soldairs infront to explore and see if there is any danger."

Kayan sudenly said "yes, yes that is a smarter idea. Olea go pack a backpack. You only need to pack the essentials. We will sent the rest off your stuff after you." "Yes mom" i stood up and quickly walked to my room and i grabbed my backpack and put some water, bread, a blanket and a dagger. I quickly changed into a legging some walking boots and a blouse that i could move freely in and put a cloak over that.

I looked into my room one more time before shutting the door and going downstairs. And the bottem of the stairs i could see my mom standing looking quite emotional. "Come here dear" i walked towards my mom with now also tears in my eyes "i don't want to go" my voice breaking as i spoke hugging her while she stroked my hair.

"I know dear but we will see eachother soon. I will fisit as much as i can but for right now i need you to go and stay safe." We broke apart hearinga cough coming from behind us. "Im sorry to interupt but we need to go or else we won't reach the castle on time and they might catch up." I looked up to my mom seeing her mouth 'go' to me. I huged her one more time. Waling out the door i didn't look back. Being afraid that if i did i would run back and never let go.

It was already dark outside as we left. we had walked for about 2 hours and sadly i coudn't fly anymore after about a hour of flying we had left my kingdom. See the thing was, fairy's are one of the most powerfull things on earth if they are in there kingdom but as soon as they leave there kingdom there power leaves there body's and we're no longer able to fly.

That is one of the biggest reasons my mother wanted me to learn how to fight. But that wasn't even one of the biggest problems. The thing that was the worst right now was the silence filling the air. It was so silent that i might as well just die right now.

The only thing in the air apart from the silence was the crunch off the leaves the wind and our breaths. Sudenly i walked against something. It was Kayan. "Lets rest here. We will go furter tomorrow. I will take watch first." I made my self comfortable on the ground laying on a area off thick moss.

Just as i was about to fall a asleep i heard a weird noise. I turned around to Kayan seeing him chattering his teeth i grabbed my blanket from my bag seeing i didn't nedded it because i have my cloak.

I walked towards him and draped my blanket over him. "You should have brought a blanket or a cloak dumbass." "And you should be asleep." "I would if you wouldn't constantly be shivering and chattering your theeth." "Touché" after that i gues we both got lost in or thoughts i don't know for how long we where standing there but the next thing i know we're sitting against a tree next to eachother. "We walked more than planned so if everything go's as planned we will arive at the palace at the end of tomorrow." "Okay." I said.

I was getting quite sleepy now and i gues Kayan too because i could feel his head hitting the top of mine. I tried to move his head but he just wouldn't budge. Asshole.