XVIII

Chapter Eighteen

I agreed of course, we rode the lift up to his floor in silence and then we walked to his flat in silence too. The silence only broke when we'd reached his bedroom and we were in total privacy. He was the first one to speak. "I'm glad you're back, I missed you." He sat on the edge of his bed whilst I stayed standing next to the door.

"I'm going again in a few days but I'll be back on New Year's Eve." I'd already told him this but I just thought I'd remind him anyway. "Yeah I know, I was actually coming to your flat but then I saw you in the lift so I thought I'd bring you up here instead. Cal's at yours with Layla anyway and you know what they two are like."

"Fuck I know! I have to hear it every night, it's not fucking pleasant that's for sure." I chuckled. "I guess we should talk about what happened then?" He brought up the subject, I walked over and took a seat beside him on the edge of the bed.
"I just want to start by apologising, I should never have slept with Aaron- it was a huge fucking mistake and I regret it... even though I don't actually remember it happening." I began saying, he placed his hand on my thigh and my stomach immediately erupted into a million butterflies.
"I don't want you to apologise because you have nothing to be sorry for Erin. It was me, I was the one who fucked up and if I didn't do that... if I just told you how I felt instead of running away from my feelings then maybe things would be different now." His grip on my thigh got a little tighter as he spoke but it didn't hurt at all in fact it was actually kind of comforting in a way.

"Why did you... run away I mean. I didn't try to hide my feelings for you and even if I did, I didn't do it well. Everyone caught on how I felt about you Harry."
"I was with Katie for years and she was all I really knew to be honest so even thinking about starting something with you or anyone for that matter scared me, it still scares me." I could tell how stressed he was talking about this and opening up to me.
"I understand that but what I don't understand is why you actually got back together with her. Why didn't you just distance yourself from me... well I guess you actually did do that."
"I know and I'm sorry about that, fuck that was probably the worst thing to do because it just made me want you more." I smiled as he looked up from his lap and into my eyes. The room fell silent again, neither of us knew what to say.

"Me and Katie are finished for good this time. I don't ever want to go back there, she's in the past and you... well I hope you're my future."
"I fancy you loads, you know that right?" He added chuckling which made me giggle. "I know, I feel the exact same way Harry but if anything was to ever happen between us we should probably take it slow." I placed my hand on top of his and gave it a small, gentle squeeze. I hoped that we'd be able to get back to the way we were before Katie came back into the picture but it would take time.

Harry and I spent the next half hour sitting in his bedroom talking before we went to the living room where Lux, Emma, Tobi and Ethan were sat.
"Oh Tobi, you're single right?" I spoke up as I sat across from him, Harry looked at me confused but I quickly cleared that confusion up.
"I'm only asking because I have a friend, Amy and honestly she really likes you." I saw the relief in Harry's face after I'd finished speaking which made me chuckle slightly.
"What? How do you know?" Tobi asked curiously. I took my phone out of my pocket and typed in Amy's name on Facebook so show him a photo of her. I turned around to show him and I instantly saw a different side to Tobi, I don't know how to explain it but by looking at a photo he was smitten.
"I showed her a picture of you and then told her what you were like and now I'm gonna do the exact same thing with you. What do you want to know?" I shrugged locking my phone and putting it back into my pocket.
"First I want to know what the fuck you told her about me." He laughed, the two of us spent ages talking while the rest of the boys and Emma sat watching the tv.