II

Chapter Two

The sale in Liverpool had of course been another success, I was good at my job what can I say? I walked into the office on Wednesday morning with my usual coffee from Starbucks and greeted every single person I walked past. Walking into my office and sitting at my desk I turned on my computer, I was interrupted from logging in with my phone system beeping signalling I was getting a call. "Morning Erin! Mr Carrigan would like to see you in his office... immediately" My assistant Isabelle spoke through the machine, there was a really loud screeching sound coming from it which made me flinch slightly as I didn't expect it, looks like that needs fixed eh. "Yeah okay, thank you Izzy." I thanked her before pressing the big, red end button. I stood up from my desk and fixed my blazer before heading to the door which led into the hallway.

"Oh are you going to Mitch's office? Can you give him these please?" Layla handed me a stack of papers, she thanked me before I got in the lift. Knocking on the door a few times I heard him call me in.
"Erin Barnes! Take a seat please." He gestured for me to sit in the chair facing him, I happily took the seat slightly nervous. "Layla asked me to hand these into you when I passed by her." I gave him the stack of papers I was given a few minutes earlier.
"Oh brilliant! Thank you Erin. I'm sure you're wondering why I've called you here." Before I could reply he had already started speaking again. "Have you gone to your office yet?" Confused I nodded.
"Great! Well you won't be going back there." I was now even more confused, was I getting fired?

"You look confused, let me clear things up. We've been monitoring you for a few months now and as a company we have made the decision to promote you. Erin you're work is exceptional, you're a real treasure to this company so if you accept this new role you'll be a sales director or in better words a managing director meaning that when I retire in a few years time... my job will be yours." I could feel my eyes filling up with the tears, I could honestly scream.
"Are you being serious? This isn't a joke is it?" You could hear the excitement in my voice as I spoke.
"Congratulations Erin, you deserve it. You really deserve it, now as for your office- you're being upgraded. We figured that with the new position, you'd need a bigger office so as we speak all of your belongings are being moved." I was stunned, shocked but relieved that I wasn't getting fired.
"Thank you, thank you so much Mitch. This means, this means a lot to me."

My new office was a lot bigger than I expected it to be, I was now on the fifth floor instead of the third and a few rooms down from Mitch. I sat at my new desk and logged onto the new computer, reading through the emails I had received in the past two days, I replied to them all. My schedule next week was now fully booked with absolutely no space for any more clients. This week though wasn't too bad, I had a viewing this afternoon followed by a meeting, four viewings tomorrow and on Friday I had the meeting with Mr Bradley, two house viewings and another meeting in the evening. Busy busy as per usual. I spent the rest of my morning filling up my schedule for the month, emailing clients and creating portfolio's for houses that had just been passed onto us.

I'd managed to get finished early that day and left straight after the meeting I had in the afternoon.

"Hiya Callum, how are you?" I asked the tall blonde boy. Callum and I had lived in the same building for a few years now, we passed each other multiple times a day and every time we'd stop and talk to each other for a few minutes.
"Alright Erin! I'm just heading to Tesco, do you need anything while I'm out?" This happened often between us, if we'd caught each other heading out on a food shop I'd ask him if he needed anything and vice-versa.
"Oh you know what, I might actually join you if that's alright? I'm needing like a full food shop." I was still in my work clothes but I suppose they could be worse, I wore a peach colour dress, heels and a blazer with my hair left to do whatever the fuck it was doing.
"Yeah let's go, do you need to run up and get anything?" I shook my head no and walked towards his car with him.