Chapter 13

Nouel P.O.V:

I woke up in the hospital. Memory after memory playing in my head. The first time I met P' Phayu, the times we spent together and that night that I caught him cheating on me.

It was all too much, I was happy one second and heartbroken the next. Why did he do that to me? If I wasn't enough, why didn't he just break up with me? Why resort to such betrayal? I have so many questions. Why did he just now look for me? And what did he do to his amazing hair?!

Suddenly I hear the door open and my parents walk into the room.

"Nouel, son how are you feeling?" My dad asked.

"Confused, why did you keep my past hidden from me?"

"You were so injured, then I hired a private investigator to know about your life. I am sorry, but I wanted to know if there was anyone else we could get in contact with regarding you. Then we found out about everything that happened and we thought it would be best for you to never remember. We wanted to make sure you were happy." He said while holding my hand.

"Thank you for loving me, I lived wishing for a loving home and I thought the only way I would get that was boy building it myself with my boyfriend. Then he betrayed me, and I don't know why I went back to that place, I was hoping he wasn't there. Thank you for coming to get me." I hug my dad and then release him to hug my mom.

"We looked for you for years, we never stopped. Everyone kept telling me that you were dead, but I never believed it. I knew you were alive! And then we found you, and we almost lost you at the same time. We wanted you to have a happy life so we moved you to South Korea with us." My mom continued, not letting go of me.

"It's fine, I understand and I kind of thank you for saving me and giving me all the love and attention I never got from that man. Can I know what happened to him? He was very influential so I never dared call the cops on him."

"He was but we are even more influential. He got arrested, but he had a lot of enemies behind bars he got killed shortly after."

Even though he made me suffer a lot, he still took care of me and sometimes even took me out to have fun. Those moments were extremely rare, but they were the happiest memories of my childhood. He would buy me anything I wanted, and hug me. He would tell me he loved me. It lasted for less than a day, then he would start drinking and everything would go back to normal.

"Do you know why he kidnapped me?"

"His wife died shortly after giving birth to their son so he blamed him for her death. He ended up killing him when he was around 6 years old. That is when he say you and decided to use you as a replacement. We were at the amusement park, when suddenly you got lost in the crowd, your hand slipped out of mine and I believe that is when he took you. I am sorry you I let go of you," She cries.

"It wasn't your fault mom, if it hadn't been me, it would have been another child. The thing that matters is that you never gave up on finding me. And you did find me, and gave me all the love and attention you could master. I love you both so much." I said as I tightened my arms around her.

After hugging in silence for a few more seconds, my mom breaks our hug and sits next to me silently.

"Phayu is here. He has been waiting for news this whole time."

"I want to see him, but I am still hurt about what he did."

"You know I have talked to Prapai and he told me that it was all a misunderstanding. You might want to talk to him and know the whole story," my dad said.

How can that be a misunderstanding? It seemed very intentional to me.

"How about we go talk to him? I can have my phone on call with you so that you can judge the situation how you see fit? If you want to see him, stay on the call, if you want him gone hang up." My mom is amazing.

"Ok, I would like that."

They leave and I get a call from my mom right away. I accept it and after a few minutes I cancer them talking to P' Phayu. I hear everything. He said he had proof of everything and the only reason for why Sky was there was to keep an eye on the situation for me. Well, now I feel stupid for believing that Sky would let P' Phayu cheat on me. My best friend is the best. I cried for everything that happened.

When P' Phayu finished with his story, I stayed on the call. I heard my mom telling him that I was waiting for him. With that I ended the call and waited for him to come meet me.

When he finally walked into the room I finally released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"P' Phayu," I whispers.

He walk to my side.

"Yes my sweet boy?" He ask. Why is he not hugging me?

"I'm sorry," I whispers as I looked down.

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything."

"I forgot you." I said sadly.

"It's ok baby, you remembered me. It should be me that apologizes to you. I let you down and hurt you. I'm sorry baby, can you forgive me?" He still isn't touching me. I wanted him to touch me, I needed him to hug me.

"Then why aren't you hugging me." I start crying loudly.

"My sweet boy, I just wanted you to be the one to initiate any physical contact," he said as he finally hugged me.

It felt great to have him hold me again. He smelled like the temple though. He seemed to have lost a bit of muscle but it didn't matter. I was just glad that he was holding me. He tightened his arms around me as I continue to cry into his chest.

"I want to see the videos Sky recorded. I also want to see Sky and P' Pai." I mumbled.

"Of course baby, I'll tell them to come right in."

"Hug me for a little longer... also you look a little weird without hair," I says and we both giggle.