Chapter 12

Phayu P.O.V:

I was in the waiting area when suddenly I see a man and a women walk franticly asking for their son, I wan't really paying attention until I heard them say Nouel's name. Suddenly I was nervous for a different reason. These are Nouel's real parents, the people who will do everything in their power to protect their son. I wanted to have a good impression on these people, but we already started off on the wrong foot. Firstly, they thought I broke Nouel's heart and now I some how got him admitted to the hospital.

Sky was sitting next to me and saw the commotion.

"I am happy that Nouel finally got the family he always wanted. You know he used to say that since he would never be able to have loving parents, that he wanted to make a family with you. We talked about how he wanted to adopt at least 2 kids with you. He couldn't wait to graduate and build his dream house where your future kids and pets would run around and spend time together. " Sky says sadly.

"We never talked about kids. We talked about growing up together, but he never brought up kids. I assumed he didn't want them." I see his parents look over at me while they were talking to the receptionist. They then follow the doctor and disappear from sight.

"He was scared you didn't want any since you didn't seem to like being around kids much so he said it was fine not to have kids as long as he had you in his life." I was crying as I listened. I am also very happy that Nouel was able to have the life he deserved, I am just disappointed I was not part of his life as Nouel.

"It's not that I didn't't like kids, it's that I don't know how to interact with them. But for Rain, or I guess Nouel, I would have learned. I would have loved to have that life with him."

"You should have told him."

"I would have if he brought it up."

We sit quietly for 10 minutes until I hear my name.

"Excuse me are you Phayu?" I heard someone ask. I look behind me and see Nouel's parents.

"Hello sir, yes I am Phayu," I say nervously as I bow to them.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Nouel got a flat tire while driving and I stopped to assist him. He fainted after seeing my fave. I am sorry, I shouldn't have approached him so suddenly. I know you probably hate me for what I put him through before, but I want you to know I never intended do hurt your son. I love him and I am sorry I was not able to protect him." I can't even look them in the eyes.

"You don't need to apologize to us. It's Nouel you need to talk to. And it was wrong of us to keep the truth from him. We though we were doing the best for him, but at times it felt like he was so sad and he would just say he didn't know why he felt that way. But we knew, he was missing you without even remembering you. So because I can tell you love my son a lot, can you tell us what exactly happened?"

I took a deep breath and looked up at them. I then let him know he whole story.

"I hated that I was not able to protect Rain- Nouel, from the man that called himself his father. I would make him stay either with me or Sky. But I knew that it wasn't enough, I had to get Rai-Nouel out of that man's care. I worked three times as hard to earn enough money to let Nouel a comfortable life and pay for his education. I worked so much that I wasn't spending enough time with him. Then one day I had free time so I decided to take him out on a date. But then I got a call from someone I thought was a friend. She asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend for a party. At first I reject her sine I myself had a boyfriend whom I loved. She kept insisting that I was the only one that could pass as her boyfriend because her stalker had seen pictures of us together before. She said she would pay me a good amount of money, she even threw in a resort stay for me and my boyfriend. After telling her that I would not do anything that would get me in trouble with my boyfriend, I agreed. It saddened me to cancel on Nouel, but I thought this could finally allow me to pay for his tuition and would allow him to spoil him so I did it. But I didn't lie, I was going to work, nothing more. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea so I insisted Sky, his best friend, and Pai, my best friend come along. We recorded everything and I was going to tell him everything the following day. But all along her plan was to separate us. She invited Nouel to the party through her cousin that happened to be Nouel's senior. When she saw him arrive, she kissed me. I froze for a bit but once I registered what she was doing, I pushed her away and fought with her. I felt disgusted and used. She didn't respect the boundaries I had set in place. I was angry and we all left. Sky ha said that he would give me a few days to tell Nouel everything that happened. After thinking everything through, I decided to tell him everything after picking him up from school. But when I arrived I could not find him anywhere. I was so scared. Sky finally found out he had been pulled out of school. I should have gone to him right away. I waited to long and I thought I lost him forever. I couldn't deal with the pain, so after drinking my self into oblivion for far too long I decided to become monk to find some sort of peace."

It was quiet for a while, I was really scared that they wouldn't believe me.

"I can see that you are truthful about becoming a monk," Nouel's dad said as he looked at my shaved head. His wife hit his arm lightly as she glared at him.

"Can you promise us that you will not hurt our son that way again?" His mom asked.

"If I can get him to love and trust me again, I will do everything in my power to make sure he never suffered again," I reply.

"We will trust you, the only thing we ask is for you to make sure he is happy. Now follow me. I will take you to him... he was asking for you," she says as she starts walking away.

I quickly follower her. The more steps I take, the more scared I am. What if he doesn't forgive me? What if he asks me to leave him alone.It would hurt me, but I would do it. I would do anything he asked for. His mom comes to stop in front of a door. I take a deep breathe and slowly open the door.

Sitting there, looking absolutely breath taking was Nouel. When he hears the door closed, he looks over at me. He was crying.

"P' Phayu," he whispers.

I walk to his side.

"Yes my sweet boy?" I ask, my own tear start running down my face. I wanted to hug him and not let him go, but I wanted him to make the first move. I wanted to know that I was forgiven.

"I'm sorry," he whispers as he looked down.

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything."

"I forgot you." He says sadly. That breaks my heart.

"It's ok baby, you remembered me. It should be me that apologizes to you. I let you down and hurt you. I'm sorry baby, can you forgive me?" I wanted to cup my hands around his face and hug and kiss him, but I stopped myself.

"Then why aren't you hugging me." He starts crying loudly.

"My sweet boy, I just wanted you to be the one to initiate any physical contact," I say as I finally hug him .

It felt great to have him in my arms again, he smells a little different but still feels the same, he seems a little more muscular but he still fit perfectly in my arms. I keep hugging him tightly and feel his arms around me as he cries into my chest.

I could not have asked for anything better in life.

---

Happy New Year! 

Originally I wrote this story with Rain/ Nouel purposefully making everyone think he lost his memories. I thought that it didn't make a lot of sense for him to go to such extremes so I changed it up. I wrote quite a lot with this plot so if you guys want to read that version let me know so I can upload it! Thanks for reading!