Chapter 8

Prapai P.O.V:

I could not believe my eyes as I walked into the meeting room. It was Rain! The Rain that we thought we lost forever. He looked the same but acted so different. He was so respectful and not playful. He was nice and cordial, acting like a boss. I could not believe my eyes. The reason for my Sky's and my best friend's misery was right in front of me, living his best life.

It was weird though, he was acting like he didn't know me. Not an ounce of recognition in his eyes as he looked at me. It was strange. What was stranger was that his dad sounded panicked when I mentioned Rain's name. That man knows something.

I tried to pay attention to the presentation. It wasn't hard to keep up as it was nice and concise. The date was great, who ever made this put in a lot of effort. Oh, right... it was Rain.

"This concludes the meeting. If there is anything missing, please let me know," The CEO, aka Rain's dad apparently, says in a rush. It's like he wants me gone as soon as possible.

"I actually do want to talk to you about something. It's kind of urgent."

"Let's step into my office why don't we?" He says with a forced smile.

I follow him to his office and he has me sit down on the couch in the center of the room.

"You know what I want to talk about don't you?" I ask.

"Nouel is my son. I know he had suffered there so I did what I thought was best for him. You see him now, he is thriving."

"He was happy back then too. Yes, that man was horrible, but he had friends who loved him. A lover that did absolutely everything for him! How could you take him away from all that?!" I yelled.

"You don't think I investigated what his life was like. The private investigator I hired told me all about the betrayal he faced by his so called friend and lover."

"That was a misunderstanding! Phayu was working hard to free Rain of that man! He fell into a trap! He was going to tell Rain everything! He was going to beg for forgiveness."

"It doesn't matter anyway, he woke up and didn't remember anything. I didn't want him to suffer anymore. We had been separated for years! He deserved to be happy with his true family! And he is! He found a new passion, new friends, a new life!" He pleaded with me.

"I want to know why we got a notice saying Rain was dead?"

"Because he is. Rain got kidnapped as a placeholder for that mans son that HE killed him. Rain is no more, now it's Nouel, and he is happy and safe. He is doing fine on his own and with us. When I found out someone was trying to find him, I made some documents and got them off our trail. I don't want Nouel to remember the years of misery he lived while in Thailand."

"I understand that, but with in those years of misery, he also found his own family. Yes, a mistake was made, but don't you think he deserves to know everything? The good and the mad? For him to make his own decision? Please? The lives of my boyfriend and best friends were completely shattered when they lost Rain! Nouel also deserves to know the truth. What will happen if he remembers everything? He never liked being lied to. Just please think about it. Either way, I am going to tell his boyfriend and best friend what is going on."

Nouel's dad glares at me, but seems to be a bit guilty. I know he loves his son, but we love him to and he has a right to know about his life. If he tells us to leave even after learning the truth, we will honor his decision. All we want is for him to be happy.

"Fine, but if he says he wants nothing to do with you guys, then you must leave him alone."

"All I ask for is a chance, because either way we will find a way to contact him." I warn him.

"Fine, just don't hurt him anymore than you guys already have."

"I can promise that is the last thing we want to do."

I leave the office with a lot of anxiety. I don't know how they will face a Rain that is no longer Rain, but Nouel; with no emotion attachment to either of them. A stranger.