chapter twenty seven

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  chapter 27 ❱  ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ 𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙳 ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which elena hamilton is
the first to find out trent and
daniela's little secret.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(if ur gonna be dry readers this chapter then i'm making trent cheat on dani with kylian xx)

. ˚ ⁺ . ✦ .  .  ✦  .⁺  ˚ .   
          . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

                                IT WAS VALENTINE'S DAY, AND it was daniela's first ever one with a boyfriend. nearly twenty-six years old and yet every valentine's day she spent either single, fighting to maintain her relationship, or in a relationship but the boy didn't care enough to celebrate it with her.

daniela and trent had only been back together for a week, and therefore she didn't really expect him to be doing much. maybe it was just her overthinking coming into play, but after everything she has done she honestly doesn't think she deserved it. daniela ruined their relationship before, and therefore she believed she had to pay the consequences for that, despite trent being adamant on the fact that she'd made the right decision at that time because they were now back and healthier than ever.

they had messaged each other that morning; agreed to meet up later on and so now she was just waiting around for him. rico had gone out with a girl, but refused to tell daniela who that girl was. he seemed to be in some sort of a rush to get out of the house before he was questioned any further, so dani left it at that.

just as she was about to message trent and ask him what time he was coming over, a knock sounded at her front door. she frowned, wondering who would visit her on such an important day.

"happy valentine's day!" trent exclaimed as soon as daniela opened the door, causing her eyes to widen in amusement as he stood there with a bouquet of yellow tulips. "i didn't know if like you wanted to celebrate together 'cause i haven't even asked you to be my valentine because i didn't want to rush anything as we've only just got back together, but then i was telling myself no, trent! you have to do something for her! so i went out and i bought you these flowers, yellow tulips — your favourite. and then if you want we can also maybe go out on a date or something and really just celebrate together. but then again, if you don't want to that's fine-!"

"-trent, my love," daniela cut him off, laughing and grabbing a fist full of his shirt to drag him into her house, shutting the door behind him. "just shut up and kiss me already."

"oh okay," he muttered, instantly placing his lips on hers as she giggled into this kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck - controlling it - hearing him sigh in content against her mouth as she pecked him a few more times before completely pulling away.

"are these for me?" daniela giggled, pointing at the bouquet he left abandoned on the side.

"oh yeah," trent realised, grabbing them again and passing them over to her, anticipating her reaction to the gift. "i remember when you told me that you liked yellow tulips, must've been around the world cup or something, and i just- i just kept it in mind incase i'd ever get the chance to give you them one day. so yeah... hope you like them!"

"baby, stop panicking," daniela awed, holding the flowers close to her chest. "i love them, and i'm so annoyed i didn't get you any now."