chapter seventeen

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  chapter 17 ❱  ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ 𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙳 ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which trent and daniela
realise that happiness is not
exactly meant for them.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(no joke ur all gonna hate me sm after this chapter but that doesn't give u an excuse to be dry, if so i'm just gonna make this hurt them harder than it already is ❤️)

and let's stop calling me author, it's getting boring and quite frankly i think we're close enough to start referring to me as my name. u can all call me CJ (nickname for chloe-jay) 💞💞

. ˚ ⁺ . ✦ .  .  ✦  .⁺  ˚ .   
          . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

TRENT KNEW THAT TODAY was the day: today was the day he was finally going to tell daniela he loved with her.

they have known each other for over seven months now, him liking her for six of those. trent knew that he was in love with her, he's known for a few weeks now. he was always falling for girls quickly, which typically ended up in him getting himself hurt. but daniela wasn't like that. she would never hurt him. or at least, not intentionally.

he knew that daniela was the one, and after a long scolding from chloe last night - he realised that it was now or never.

trent should probably be planning a cute little date for him to take daniela on, but he didn't know how relationships worked, and he was therefore utterly clueless to the lack of effort he was putting in.

he still didn't realise how careless he seemed when asking her to be his girlfriend, or the fact he hasn't taken her on a fancy date; the fanciest place they've ever been to being fucking nando's. he didn't know how to treat, and love, a girl properly when he had never saw his father do it to his mother.

he believed the laid back shit was what they liked, thanks to his parents, and never went to above and beyond to make a girl happy. he knew that daniela probably deserved better than someone declaring their love for her in the middle of his living room, but he also knew that daniela deserved better than him and chose to not sweat about it too much.

at the end of the day, she was his girlfriend. and so trent was at least doing something right.

"why do i have to leave again?" chloe asked as she put her shoes on, looking up at him with a frown.

"i want alone time with daniela," he answered, not realising how weird it sounded until she scrunched her face up at him in disgust. "NOT LIKE THAT! i want to tell her i love her, that's all."

chloe smiled. "tell me how it goes."

"i will," he said, stopping her before she walked out the door. "wait, who are you going out with again?"

"ethan," chloe answered, missing the way he rolled his eyes at her answer. "him and kylian are here for the weekend, so he asked to meet up."

"whatever," trent waved his hand, pushing her out the house. "i'll see you later! love you!"

and just like that, trent was back again listening to silence. he quite liked the silence, something about the quietness of the sound being so therapeutic to him; he didn't realise how much he would grow to hate it in the near future.