episode thirty-three

EPISODE 33

mysta slowly dropped his gun at the sight of a lady, staring at him in utter surprise- her expression was more horrified if compared to seeing a ghost.

"i-i can explain..."

but his eyes also fell on the gun in her hands.

they both gulped, before she rushed onto him with flare in her eyes.

"you are not telling anyone, big brother mysta!" lacresse hissed.

"o-okay! the same thing goes with you, missy!" mysta whisper-yelled.

lacressed sighed and mysta followed. "how did it come into this?" she mumbled.

"so... you're a member of the mafia as well?" mysta asked and picked up his gun and golden fox mask. lacresse thought he was about to wear it, but mysta didn't. he instead placed it on her to hide her face.

"the kaneshiro mafia? no." lacresse said and fixed the fox mask on her face. "i am big brother leon's assistant. i'm here as back up."

"so you're also aware of the salvatores being after y/n?" mysta asked, the two of them walking through the dirty sewers.

mysta's assignment for this attack was to clear the sewers for an easy escape. leon did say that he assigned someone as well to accompany mysta, but he didn't expect it to be lacresse.

not at all!

the lady so pure and innocent, the lady protected by the kaneshiro's, away to not taint her from all the blood of the enemies and the family alike.

turns out she's still involved, only in a way he least anticipated.

so... y/n's the only one left unaware of the mafia, huh?

mysta paused from walking, making lacresse pause as well.

"big brother?" lacresse called.

what if... mysta stared at lacresse.

no. mysta shook his head. if y/n is a part of the mafia too, she would be the one taking care of the salvatores and getting rid of them instead of us.

that's right. she's innocent.

she's...

"she's my beloved wife." mysta whispered.

"that's right, big brother! so we shouldn't let the salvatores harm her! it's the only reason why i'm here, to protect big sister y/n!" lacresse said. "please don't tell anyone..?"

mysta just smiled and ruffled lacresse's head.

"your secret is safe with me."

"mister?!"

shoot. mysta glanced at lacresse. i suppose he won't recognize her...

"there's an emergency-!" shu was cut off when he saw the lady behind mysta.

"..lacresse?"

the two's eyes widened.

"wait no, what am i thinking?" shu mumbled. "you must be the back up leon said. it's a pleasure to work with you."

lacresse just nodded.

how the fuck... mysta rolled his eyes. man, he's so scary.

"mister, we have an emergency." shu turned to mysta. "someone must've tipped us off or the gods must've blessed emilio salvatore because he is not here and is nowhere to be found."