episode sixteen

EPISODE 16

the longer mysta became the accounting manager, his own team grew.

some staff of the company was promoted from employees to staff accountants, interns to employees, and of course, applicants were given their new jobs.

mysta stroude is the accounting manager of the finance department. he serves as the supervisor of the department. although his position is very high, he is not the most in power since there are still a few higher positions in the finance department.

during the five months in his new position, mysta, with the help of the vice president of the finance department and the chief financial officer, earned himself new officemates he can work with.

first, mysta's very own secretary, the accounting assistant mr. kirsten! he's a new employee at the company.

he's very good at his work. although, he's a bit clumsy, talkative, and nosey.

kirsten has been working with mysta for a month now. when he first met mysta, he doubted him, not until he saw how mysta does his job + he has a wife.

"everyone who has a beautiful wife is a good man!" - kirsten.

second, mysta's team of staff accountants!

there's abigail, a mother of two and the financial analyst.

ramon, a newly wedded man and the tax accountant.

stephanie, the bookkeeper.

paolo, the file clerk.

and gabriel, the accountant intern under mysta.

these six people share an office only outside mysta's office where he can check up on them from time to time. they have their own cubicles and their own meeting room, just like all the other departments in the company.

"sir, your coffee's here." kirsten said behind the glass door.

mysta glanced and nodded at him before he went back to work.

kirsten entered mysta's office with a paper bag and two cups of beverages. he placed it on the coffee table before looking at mysta.

"s-sir..? what are you..." kirsten mumbled.

"what?" mysta asked, his eyes still on the paper.

"why are you..." kirsten gulped. "n-nothing..."

"what?" mysta insisted and placed the paper down.

"your coffee?"

"your mom."

mysta stood up and went to the coffee table to get his coffee. the two sat on the sofa to take a break and eat their snacks.

when kirsten first found out about mysta's marriage, he was elated. he knew of mysta as a lazy and happy-go-lucky employee (based on what he has heard around the company). he never expected him to be a happily married man.

but as he promised mysta, even when he has a very talkative mouth, he won't go around spreading the news to the whole building.

"sir. how was the conclusion going?" kirsten asked.

mysta hummed. "kinda hard. i don't know why."

"why?"

"i already said i don't know!" mysta exclaimed after smacking a throw pillow at his secretary, making kirsten laugh.

after they finished their coffee, the two resumed work. mysta finished a bit earlier after 2 hours straight with no breaks and no distractions, so he went out of the office to check on his employees.