Chapter 7: Everything Is Set In Motion

"So, General, what should we do?"

Back in the police headquarters, police officials are congregated around a long rectangular table, with a few lower authorities standing around them.

At one end of the table is the general, a red-skinned man with a grown-out grey beard and a black hat with a white line across it. His eyelids squint over his brown eyes, and both his hands are clasped together as he puts them over his mouth. He has a special cap on his head with five stars on it.

"We couldn't figure out what his ultimate goal was; he left no scraps to speak of."

A woman who has been standing from her chair continues. She has the same hat as the general but with four stars, her short dark blue hair extending out of it into a ponytail. She is wearing a light blue shirt and a dark blue skirt. On her chest, there is a gold hexagonal badge with a star at the top and three white lines below it.

"There is no mistake that the collar is real. We're not sure if it can really kill the wearers if the owner is killed, but the chances are pretty high."

The general grunts.

"We should just kill him right now and risk the casualties, but... he says that the blueprints are at risk of being exposed to the public."

Just then, a police officer comes rushing into the room.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but there's a man who claims that Jonah sent him."

Everyone in the room's eyes widen a bit.

"Bring him in," the general says.

As the man is being brought in, he hands the police officer a silver phone, which he hands to the general. The general looks at the officer confused then puts the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" He says.

"Why hello there, sir. Might you be the person in charge?" Jonah's voice echoes from the phone.

"I am the General, if that's what you're asking. Is this Jonah Runihura?"

"God, I'm so glad I changed my last name. Was gonna do something Japanese, but that sounds way better than I imagined."

The general looks around the room confused. The woman from before leaves her chair and goes to the general's side.

"This is no time for games, Jonah. Tell us the purpose of your call!" She grits her teeth.

"Oh, Clare, is that you? Oh, it's so good to hear your voice. What do you think of my name?"

Everyone looks at Clare, surprised. Clare sighs.

"Fine. Please can you tell us the purpose of your call?"

"Oh, of course, why didn't you ask earlier? I'm calling to negotiate, of course."

"Then please go on," the general adds in.

"First of all, I'm kinda dying over here, so how about sending in that personal doctor for me? I'm also going to need some form of buying anything that I need, like a government credit card or something, and that's about it."

The room stays silent for a solid minute, everyone's eyes glued to the phone.

"What about the hostages?"

"Hostages? Oh, you mean the girls that are with me. They're free to do what they want. Except Caedi, she stays by my side."

Silence again.

"You honestly expect us to believe that? You've killed your parents and put the Harbor family's mother and brothers into an everlasting coma. What the hell are you planning?"