Chapter 6: Will You Join Me?

Jonah gently places Caedi on the porch and unlocks the cabin door.

The first room in front of them is the living room with a dark leather four-person couch and a TV in front of it. Next to the couch, a bookshelf is filled with light novels and manga.

To Caedi's discomfort, there are five framed pictures of her and Jonah on the walls—two of just her and the other three depicting them hugging, cuddling, and posing for the camera.

Visible from the living room is the kitchen. It has one long, white counter against the wall with a fridge in between, then a six-burner stove at the end. There are also white cupboards above it.

"Wow...looks cozy," Grace says.

"Thank you, make yourself at home," Jonah replies.

Everyone enters the cabin.

"You three must be tired, how about a nice relaxing bath, huh? Luckily I had a sauna built here."

"But I didn't bring any extra clothes with me."

"Don't worry about it; I already have your clothes here."

"What?"

Grace's eyes widen as she looks at Jonah holding a gun at her. She backs up, hands in the air, until she hits the wall.

"W-what's going on here?"

"Jonah, please don't hurt her, I'm begging you," Caedi tells him.

"Caedi, go sit down."

"Please put your gun down."

Jonah points his finger at her.

"Shock."

Caedi screams in agony as she drops and starts rolling on the floor, desperately holding onto her collar, trying to pull it off. The pain stops after a few seconds, and she's left breathing heavily.

Jonah stoops down to the ground right next to her while still pointing the gun at Grace. He grabs her by the cheeks and pulls her face closer to his.

"Remember this, though I may love you, I can't have you getting in my way. If I command you to do something, you do it. I make it painfully obvious for you to know the difference."

Caedi looks into his cold, lifeless eyes and begins to cry. Jonah lets go of her and stands up, his gun pointing at Grace.

"Now let me get you up to date with the situation."

Jonah tells her about everything that happened.

"So these collars, the very same one on my neck are slave collars, and I'll die if you die?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Jonah smiles at her, and combined with his cold gaze, it sends chills down Grace's spine.

"So what do you want from me? I knew men were untrustworthy, y-you want to do indecent things to me, don't you?"

Jonah chuckles at her words.

"No, no, no. I want you to join me."

"Join you?"

"I want you to be part of my plan and...mostly always be beside me."

"I have a choice?"

"Of course you do, I'm not evil."

"With your gun pointing at me, it doesn't really feel like it though."

Jonah immediately lowers his gun.

"Oh, I just needed you to take this seriously."

"Well," Grace says nervously, "I was getting bored doing gardening work, so I guess I'll accept your offer. Either way, I'm not getting this collar taken off, so might as well."

"Of course, you're free to do as you please until I say otherwise. The same goes for you, Iah, but Caedi will stay by me at all times."

"You say that but aren't you just saying that we can be relaxed around you? You did bring us all here so clearly we can't just go back to doing things normally."

Jonah smiles at Grace then looks at Iah to see her trying to comfort her sister, hugging her and rubbing her back.

"You three can go to the bath; please enjoy. I'll drop your clothes in a bit. There are already towels in there."

Jonah points to a door that sits between the living room and the kitchen.

"Wait, you said you have my clothes?" Grace asks.

"Yeah, from your shed in your garden. I've been watching you for a while, so I prepared in advance."

"Not creepy at all."

The girls head to the bath together, closing the door behind them.

Jonah reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pink cell phone. His mind rewinds to his encounter with the girls' father.

"Here's what I'm gonna need you to do-"

Jonah reaches into his hoodie with his other hand and throws a silver phone at the man.

"I need you to be my messenger. Go to the police station and ask to see the people in charge; tell them I sent you. I'll call you when the time comes, so just let them have you around until then."

Jonah's mind fast-forwards to the present and calls the man. Humming a tune to himself.

*Author's Note: Remember to leave a like to show your support~*