53

𝟱𝟯: 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗠𝗔𝗦
𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙆 𝙇𝙀𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑

After hours of interregation regarding The Foreman case, Jaehyun and I were permitted to finally leave the police precinct. Unfortunately, the NYPD are now caught up with everything about this case because we were forced to tell them. They knew about everything: The Washington incident and the lair, the footage from the MoonDelivery HQ, all the information about the three men in the CCTV footage, and of course our plan about breaching into their homes. Of course NYPD weren't fond about us acting behind their backs, so the policemen were given obligations to punish us if we were ever to do it again, it was Captain Smith's order.

Jaehyun and I stormed out of the police precinct and got welcomed into the darkness of the night. We had scowls on our faces, clearly dissatisfied about everything that happened. A few passbyers glanced at us, obviously because it wasn't normal to see Venom and Spiderman walk out of the police station, being all mopey like two kids.

"Fucking NYPD." I huffed, kicking the nearest rock I could spot. "Now we can't even investigate further, even after all our hard work. Fucking hell."

Jaehyun, also pissed about the situation, scoffed. "Yeah, all thanks to your webs that they saw in the HQ of MoonDelivery."

Offended, I gasped, my hands raising to surrender. "Uh? I'm sorry? But without that, you wouldn't have been able to get that footage in time."

It wasn't always normal for Jaehyun and I to bicker, especially because we rarely get into disagreements. But I surmise nobody's perfect.

Jaehyun merely shook his head, slightly irritated by my feigned apology. "Whatever." He grumbled. "I'll go head to Donghyuck's house. What about you go to Juliane, loverboy?"

"Yeah, on it." I said, feeling a slight heat on my cheeks after the nickname he referred me to. I shifted my head, glancing towards the church with a clock tower and discovered that it was 6.30 pm. I realized with an unmistakable wave of panic that I was late for the cinemas with Juliane. "Ah shit! I have to go!" I announced and gripped tighter on my bag straps, not letting Jaehyun respond.

I leapt up and shot a web up to the top of a nearby building, and without hesitating for a second, I swung myself instantly through the city streets, my heart pounding in my chest as I flew through the air. I tried dodging traffic and making sharp turns with ease, feeling the wind rush against my skin as I raced through the air. It was exhilarating and terrifying at the same time, but I couldn't think about that now. I had to get to Juliane.

I was breathing heavily as I reached the top of a building. I took a moment to catch my breath, taking in the scenery. When my breathing slowed, I lifted my head, seeing the front of the cinemas from below, where I had an incredible view.

And that's when I saw her, Juliane, standing in front of the cinema, waiting patiently for me. I noticed that Juliane was growing worried as she waited for me. Her anxiousness was evident in her eyes and in her body language, the way she was fidgeting and looking around frantically.

"Oh Juli..." I mumbled to myself, a small frail smile forming my lips. The fact that she waited, despite my 30-minute delay, warmed my heart immensely.

I was in the process of changing into my civilian clothes that I stored in my backpack, but I suddenly felt a tingle. I jumped up, stunned, my body reacting automatically to that tingling sensation. I spun around my spot, my eyes shifting from building to building, until my eyes darted towards the bricked one, where my spidey tingle intensified. In an instant, I realized what was going on, my spidey senses were alerting me to the threat coming from that building.