3

𝟯: 𝗦𝗨𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦

As soon as the school bell rang, it indicated the commencement of the thirty-minute break, and chaos ensued as all students became alert. The rush towards the canteen was like a stampede, driven by two motives: To get food and to get good seats.

Unfortunately, the newer students lacked a strong chance to obtain either. Thankfully, as Seniors, we were somewhat esteemed and obtained both initially. We held the highest position in the hierarchy. This was something I could never comprehend, particularly because the majority of Seniors were extremely impolite to the younger students without any apparent reason. Nevertheless, I simply disregarded it and took advantage of the situation. I assumed that was simply the way things worked in High School.

Normally, I would spend my free time with either Naomi or Donghyuck, but on this occasion, I had the opportunity to hang out with both of them.

"No way." Naomi was incredulous and her mouth dropped open when she heard about my near death experience. A smile slowly appeared on her lips as she processed the information. "That is crazy~ I can't believe you encountered Venom and Spiderman, while I was here stuck in Chemistry class."

I absentmindedly used my fork to explore the salad in front of me due to boredom and paid little attention to Naomi. I raised one of my eyebrows and questioned her. "Why are you complaining? I almost died."

Naomi pouted, her arms folded across her chest. "Oh, come on~ It's only natural to feel exhilarated when faced with Venom and Spiderman. Don't blame me."

Donghyuck, who was sitting opposite to us, covertly glanced at his crush, a slight frown on his lips. "Huh? Do you have a liking for Spiderman?" I could distinctly perceive the envy in his voice.

Naomi smiled and gave a nod of agreement. She stated, "Yeah duh~ Spiderman is literally every woman's dream guy. He's got a fat ass too." She justified her opinion while playfully shrugging her shoulders.

I couldn't resist smiling.

Donghyuck's face contorted in pure disgust. He expressed his displeasure with a disgusted exclamation. "Eww!" He gagged. "What if I say he farts like 50 times a day? Not so dreamy anymore huh?"

Naomi grimaced. "Uhh... Jeez, why are you so offended? Jealous much?"

I suspected that Naomi was already aware of Donghyuck's feelings for her. I mean, it wasn't like Donghyuck tried concealing it either, he was very obvious with it. Therefore I never understood the whole point of me being his Cupid, because there was indeed no point of trying to set up a girl whom already liked another boy.

You could say the same with my situation with Mark Lee. There was no point for Donghyuck to force something, that wasn't there in the first place.

That was lame. We were both losers.

Donghyuck slammed his fork on the table and pouted his lower lip. "Okay. Yes, I am jealous. I believed it was already quite apparent." He scoffed and shook his head. "Regardless, I'm confident you won't even like him in real life."

Curious, I looked at Donghyuck's sulking face. "What is up with you? I could've sworn I saw you talk about Spiderman with heart eyes last night."

Donghyuck refrained from continuing the argument and expressed his displeasure silently while eating his food. In the meantime, Naomi observed with satisfaction, her face adorned by a subtle triumphant grin. I dismissed the situation and diverted my attention to my own meal. My mind was occupied solely by recollections of my interaction with the two vigilantes of Queens.