10

𝟭𝟬: 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

The practice session with the Academic Decathlon had come to a halt, and that meant that other clubs that were active in school also came to an end. Fortunately, since Mark never came back to the assembly hall, I was accompanied to walk home with Donghguck and Naomi, as they also just finished up in their SoMe club. Walking down the streets, I ambled next to Donghyuck and Naomi who seemed to be surprisingly getting along. Of course Donghyuck was first to notice this behavior of mine, so he pointed it out.

"Why the long face, Jules?" He seemed to be a bit ticked off by this mood of mine, as clearly he didn't like being bothered when he was having the best chat of his life with Naomi. "Got many incorrect during your practice?" He teased.

Naomi nudged Donghyuck with her elbow, not amused that he was teasing her friend.

"No..." I mumbled.

Donghyuck snickered. "Or is it because Mark was paying more attention to Gwen, than you? Hold on... Where is Mark?"

I rolled my eyes with a seething groan. "Exactly." I said, my gaze on Donghyuck. "Where is Mark Lee?" I said beneath my breath.

Of course being angry about somebody always ditching you was normal, especially when they promise that they would be back but never do. I would understand if Mark had just given me a valid reason for why he had to leave, and why he wouldn't be able to come back. But he never did. It was starting to get frustratingly unbearable. In addition, it also worried me a lot. The sight of seeing Mark stress before ditching always concerned me.

And of course, the lurking belief of him being Spiderman did nothing to my ease me up. It was a smart assumption, but I always felt stupid for thinking like that, so it ticked me off even more.

"No way." Naomi said. "He ditched you again?"

I merely gave Naomi a blank stare, and that was enough to answer her question. "I don't get it..."

Donghyuck, being Mark's best friend backed him up as always. "I mean I'm sure he had his reasons. And I'm sure he explained them to you right?"

I cocked an eyebrow. "Yeah. His reason was that I gave him food poison, which clearly wasn't true because I know I don't carry expired food with me."

Naomi shook her head in disappointment, as though disappointed in my behalf. "Jeez, now that you're actually given more opportunities to spend time with him, he always ends up ditching. That's tough." She heaved. "Why is he always in a hurry? It's not like he's Spiderman or Venom, who has to leave without a cue to save people."

Donghyuck stiffened his body, when silence passed by.

Naomi gasped, her eyes wide open. "Or could he be? I mean, Mark has a bubble butt like Spiderman."

I nodded. "That's a valid point-"

"You look at his ass?" Donghyuck inquired, eyeing her crush with envy. He then looked at his own and gave it a small pat. "I have a cute one too. You can look at mine."

Noticing that he was being sidetracked, he scoffed. "But anyways, your theory sucks. You seriously think that nerdy guy is Spiderman? I mean, come on, I don't think so. And plus! It's inappropriate how you guys look at his ass. Jesus, give my friend some privacy." Donghguck huffed with a scowl, being defensive, maybe too defensive.

Naomi and I only shrugged off Donghyuck's words.

"Just talk to him about it, Juliane." Naomi suggested. "I mean, you guys are gonna have to be together because of your History assignment, and because of the Nationals. It'll be unfair if he keeps ditching you. So yeah, just have a mature talk."

I nodded my head, fully agreeing to Naomi's advise.

When Mark was finally off our conversation, Donghyuck gladly continued his talk with Naomi. "Hey by the way, you forgot your cardigan at my house yesterday." Said the tanned boy to his crush. Naomi, expressing concern about how she believed she lost it in school, eased up when she discovered it was at his place.

This conversation I eavesdropped to made my eyes widened. "What? Hey... What's going on here?" I spoke suspiciously with a small grin. "You hanging out in Donghyuck's room now? Hmm, how interesting-"

"It's not like that!" Naomi cut off immediately, I could see her cheeks turning red in an instant. "We just have a lot of projects to do for the SoMe club. Don't get the wrong idea." Naomi assured timidly before awkwardly tucking her braided hair beneath her ear.

"Sure~" I cackled.

"Yeah. Sureee~" Donghyuck copied, even teasing the girl more and he earned nothing but a smack from Naomi.

While the two commenced fooling and teasing each other, I watched with a smile. It was too adorable. To think that Donghyuck could now finally be with Naomi, without having to be reluctant and nervous about it made me the happiest friend ever. I wasn't sure if I was ready to become a third-wheel, but at least they were slow with this and I had time to prepare myself.

While watching, something from the corner of my eye caught my attention. It was a shifting figure, moving across the buildings of the streets.

When I looked at the building just a few blocks away from us, I squinted my eyes and noticed the same black suit, jumping from structure to structure.

It was Venom.

When he neared closer to us, he stayed surreptitiously on the rooftop while peeking a bit. I could tell he was looking down on us, specifically on me. When our eyes locked even from this much distance, Venom waved his hand.

I laughed softly and smiled, before returning a wave back.

NOTE: What do you guys think of Jaehyun so far? Creepy? Or just a cute loner?