18

𝟭𝟴: 𝗗𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗡 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗧𝗢𝗪𝗡

While the four of us innocently walked down the slightly cramped hallway, we heard unexpected gunfires renting the air from the distance, it was loud and echoey. Pew pew pew! They weren't single bullets being triggered, but they were numerous, it almost sounded like machine guns. Sounds of gunshots obviously caused chaos, and with a mere blink, students in the hallway dashed down in one direction. They were careless and mindless, not sparing a thought about those they bumped into or pushed away.

While being pushed by the crowd, I was grateful that I still stuck to the same people I was with.

"Holy shit. What the fuck?" Chenle shrieked, his hand firmly gripping onto Jisung's arm.

"Lockdown! Lockdown! This is not a drill." The speaker blared.

Gwen held onto my hand, afraid to be separated. Although we were already trying to flee from where the commotion was, Gwen curiously turned her head around to check on what was happening "Is there a school shooting?"

"I don't think so." Jisung mumbled. "Look at that." He pointed at the opposite direction of the hallway.

The three of us, being absolutely curious, looked behind to inspect. I squinted my eyes to get a better look. There was a colossal, robot-looking figure, stomping its way towards the crowd with a gattling gun as its arms. It looked like a manually-piloted mechanized suit of advanced armor. It looked way beyond the standard technology.

"What the hell is that." I said in fear.

"You cannot tell me, that that thing isn't an XS1 Goliath from codm." Chenle referenced from a game, with his jaw dropped. "It looks so identical!" He said, a bit impressed. "It better not destroy the goddam gym, I swear I don't want another cancelled basketball match."

Jisung shook his head. "You need to sort out your priorities."

"It doesn't matter, we need to leave now." I urged.

Just like that, we fought and struggled through the crowd. We squished through, we almost fell, and we almost got trampled but we didn't, fortunately. It was chaos. Bit by bit, we got dispersed. Chenle and Jisung disappeared from my sight, and I hoped deep down they got out safely. The same went for Gwen. The last sight I had of her, was her being collapsing on the ground and engulfing into the crowd. I wanted to retreat and get her back, but I was already pushed and pushed forward, so I had no choice but to continue with the flock, or else, I would be trampled.

I spotted the double-swing doors. It led to a short corridor, almost like a bridge, that connected to the other structure of the school. I pushed it open and was met by the light of the sky, that illuminated through the opened windows. I continued proceeding, afraid that whatever that thing was, in which Chenle called a Goliath, wouldn't catch up to me.

Though, I found myself stopping my tracks, a bit of guilt streaming in my body. I thought of Gwen.

"Damn it." I mumbled to myself and pivoted to retreat.

"Ma'am!" Somebody shouted. It was a deep, baritone voice.

I swivelled my head to check who it was, and my eyes augmented out of surprise. It was Spiderman, he took his stance at the opposite side of this corridor. And just like before, he spoke with his feigned, deep voice. "Ma'am, what are you doing?"

I gulped a lump. This was my second encounter with Spiderman.

Even amid this dangerous chaos, my mind thought back to Mark Lee. Jeez, I should really stop thinking of that now. "Uhh... My friend, Gwen, she's still there..."

I could see Spiderman's eyes dilating a bit. "Oh shit- Well, don't worry ma'am, I will- Hey, wait, where are you going?"

To be honest I really couldn't care less about Spiderman right now, all I thought of was Gwen. Therefore, I didn't hesitate to shrug his presence and proceed running back to the doors. Or so I thought. I couldn't take another step, because I felt something attach to my back, like some sort of web. "Huh." I said beneath my breath. Within a millisecond, I was hauled across the corridor backwards, causing me to scream. It was obviously Spiderman, trying to prevent me from going. "Holy shit." I cussed when I felt Spiderman's grip on the side of my arms, my back pressing against his front.

"Ma'am, I'm gonna have to get you to safety." Spiderman said determinedly. "I'm gonna throw you out of the window." He explained so calmly, as though that didn't just make my heart stop beating.

"Wait- What?" And just like that, I was thrown out of the window. I faced upwards, my gaze fixed on the sky as I could feel the distance of the ground and me getting closer and closer. I saw another string of web attaching to my waist securely, which conveniently enough, prevented me from dying. I gasped once I swung back and forth in the air, my hands immediately gripping onto the string of web.

"You good ma'am?" Spiderman asked and poked his head out of the window.

Still shocked about the current situation, I looked up to the corridor-bridge and saw Spiderman, holding his thumbs up in an inquiring manner. "Yeah... Yeah I'm good." I said with deep breaths.

"Don't worry ma'am, I will save your friend and your school!" Following that, he disappeared.