19

𝟭𝟵: 𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗡𝗩𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

Of course after the horrific incident in Midtown High, there was no way they were gonna proceed the lectures, and that obviously meant that school was cancelled, and so was the basketball match in which Chenle really looked forward to. It took a while for Spiderman, Venom and the police to take down this robot they now referred to as "Goliath". After this whole occurrence, the medic took place right outside the school to tend on injured students, as well as to question the event. I accompanied Naomi and Donghyuck by the police cab, discussing about what just happened. When I asked Donghyuck where Mark had gone, he said he had no idea either, but shot his guess by saying that he went home before the incident.

One of Officer Walkers' comrades escorted I, Donghyuck and Naomi home.

Once the vehicle pulled op in front of the Moon's mansion, I thanked the officer for the lift and they left off, and I was immediately greeted by Taeil.

Taeil immediately pulled me into a strong hug, before cascading his worry. "Fucking hell, JM. Are you okay? Heavens, I can't believe this fucking happened in Midtown, it's absolutely outrageous." He cautiously smoothened my hair as his hands found its way to cup my cheeks, then planted a kiss on my forehead. "Are you good?"

I smiled weakly and nodded my head. "Yeah. I'm lucky I wasn't too close to... Whatever the hell that thing was." I mumbled to myself.

"I'm assuming they're cancelling class tomorrow too." Taeil placed his hand on my back, then started walking with me towards the pathway of our mansion. "That's a good thing, it'll be foul if they forced students to attend. Anyways, I'm making dinner tonight. What do you want?" Taeil opened the door, and we both entered the foyer. He stood at the side, waiting for me to take off my shoes and jacket, as well for a response.

After hanging my denim jacket on the hook, I turned around and smiled at my brother, thankful for his presence. "Kimchi jjigae?"

Taeil released a laugh. "Of course." He placed his hand on top of my head and gave it a messy ruffle. "Okay, I'll go ahead and make some now. Why don't you change clothes?" Taeil soon disappeared into the kitchen, his angelic humming filling the house like melted gold.

Of course what I did, was head to my bedroom. I dropped my bag on the ground and tossed myself on my bouncy bed, my body nearly being engulfed into the soft bedsheets. The incident clogged my mind like a fog during an early morning. Whatever the hell that thing was in the hallway, it looked unreal, a big threat that was way beyond earth's technology. Or so I thought. Perhaps world was just really evolving... dangerously.

Ding. My phone chimed, suggesting a new message. I could feel its vibration in my pocket.

Calmly, I pulled out my phone and lifted it above my face. I pressed on the screen and it turned on, revealing a message from... Mark Lee. I could've sworn my eyeballs nearly bulged out. So unexpected.

"Hey Juli, I heard about what happened in school today. You good?"

It was a mere friendly gesture, yet it still made my heart race and I could feel my cheeks getting red. I gripped onto my phone as I tried to breathe slowly and tell myself to calm down, before responding.

"Yeah I'm good. It was a freaky incident." My thumb twitched as I hesitated sending the message, but I eventually did. Then, I wrote another message again. "Where were you during the incident?"

"I'm glad you're okay :D" Mark responded.

I bit my lip to try and suppress a smile, but it was already showing. I was just glad he wasn't here to see how much I was smiling like an idiot.

"Oh, I skipped class so I wasn't there when it happened, fortunately. Is Donghyuck and Naomi okay too?"

"Yeah, both are okay, unharmed."

"Okay that's good :) By the way, you wanna study for nationals tomorrow afternoon? Of course only if you want. I mean I'd understand if you wouldn't want to, considering what happened today."

"For the nationals? I thought you were gonna study with Gwen?"

"We gotta help each other catch up with all these... decathlon shit right? She's already a long way ahead of us. Better if we study together instead."

Damn it. Damn you Mark Lee. I was smiling like a maniac.

"Sure sounds good to me."

"Okay, good then. We can meet at my place, at 28 Marconi Ave. Queens, NY 11550. You can arrive whenever you want :)"

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

Fucking hell Mark Lee... The things you do to me.