Abandoned

A 'Special Report' graphic flashed across the screen in a big white font surrounded by red.

    "Good evening, my name is Jessica Jasmine. We start with a special report. Just last month, family restaurant Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was investigated after a gruesome discovery was made by an employee. In the maintenance room, Ryan Raimi, a 49 year old man, was found dead inside one of the restaurant's mascot suits. Zack Francis and Colyn Ram, two 25 year old men who attempted to steal from the place, were also found dead in the premises. It was revealed that the mascots were extremely dangerous and violent to employees," B-roll of cop cars outside of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza played on screen to everything the news anchor was saying, along with brief flashes of photos of Colyn, Zack, and Ryan. The next video that played was of Robert being interviewed in a courtroom.

    "I'd just like to say, to my family, I'm sorry," he announced. The sadness was present in his face. More stock video of Robert in court hearings played as the anchor continued;

    "The owner, Robert Schultz, confessed numerous felonies to law enforcement that have been formally investigated. The chain, since its reopening last year, has been responsible for four deaths. However, investigators say this isn't the first time Freddy Fazbear's Pizza has been home to tragedy. We bring you to Tom Jensen who has more on the story," a transition graphic displayed and then showed a young man in the studio standing just in front of a TV screen.

    "Hi Jessica. The locally-loved family restaurant Freddy Fazbear's Pizza first closed its doors in 1985, two years after five children went missing. Old reports and newspapers say night guard, Dave Miller, lured them away using a mascot suit, only for them to never be seen again. He was not charged until strong evidence was found in 1987 linking him to the disappearances. However, he evaded authorities. Last month, it was discovered that he was hiding with a new identity as Peter Simmons and continued to work at the pizzeria," a picture of Dave was on-screen next to a picture of 'Peter'. The similarities were obvious now, "he is now continuing to evade authorities, so if you see him, call 911 immediately," The camera switched back to show the main anchor again.

    "Thank you Tom. Freddy Fazbear's Pizza has since been abandoned and officials say it may be closing for good,"

    With his false identity as Peter Simmons exposed to the public, Dave Miller had been in hiding for over a month. He had no friends or relatives left in the area, and with the police seizing his car, he had nowhere to go. He wandered the streets aimlessly wearing a large black trench coat. As winter came, it only became cooler and darker outside. One night, the freezing rain was so bad that Dave's fingers were going numb. His movements became slow. He knew he had to find shelter, or else he would be as good as dead. He hated constantly lurking in alleyways, always looking over his shoulder. So he turned to the one place he knew well, the place he always ended up coming back to.

    He gazed at the abandoned building that used to be Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. The parking lot was empty and the big LED sign was gone. Its shape was faded onto the building. The windows were all boarded up and it was clearly in poor condition. Dave scanned around. It was almost 2 AM and no one was nearby. He crept up to the building and began kicking at one of the boards repeatedly with his heavy boots until it snapped open just enough for him to crawl through. He climbed inside. It was only slightly warmer than the outside.

    The tables and carpet were still there. Though the arcade games had all been removed. There were more cobwebs and water was seeping in through several places. Dave couldn't believe the building decayed this much in only a month without maintenance. He strolled down the hall to the lobby and then all the way to the office. It was dark and difficult to see but he knew the place like the back of his own hand. When he got there, he started feeling the lockers on the wall. He opened his locker and fished around for a small key in the back. Once he found it, he walked down the left hallway and into the show stage room. The red curtains were open and the animatronics were all on-stage.

    They looked lifeless, their eyes fixed on the tables once swarmed by children that were now swarmed with insects. Dave went through the playroom. The metal bars holding up the slides and tunnels were even rustier than before. He then stopped at the cafe and found the two large red doors. His slow frozen fingers had trouble shifting the key into the key-hole and turning it all the way. The doors hadn't been opened in over a decade and he had to budge to get the key to move. Once he finally got the door unlocked, he pulled it open. The other red door automatically opened with it. Behind the doors was simply a wall.

    Dave remembered how the company sealed off what was once called the 'Safe Room' so long ago after he had murdered in it. He chuckled to himself, proud of his work. He knocked on the wall and could instantly tell it was flimsy and weak drywall with no frame or insulation. He kicked it only once and his foot instantly went through. It didn't take long for him to keep kicking and pushing for all of it to break open. He swept all the broken pieces of drywall into the room. He figured if anyone came to look for him, they'd think the doors were just for display. He could lock them from the inside and nobody would know. They would still think the room was sealed.

    He stepped inside. It had been untouched for longer than the rest of the building. Water leaked in through cracks in the floorboard and pipes. There was mold growing on the walls. Dust covered every inch of it. The three arcade machines in there for maintenance were still standing. The lockers in the back were all rusty. And in the corner of the room, he found what he was looking for. He walked over to the large Spring-Bonnie mascot suit. Mold and age had turned the once bright yellow color into an ugly shade of green.

    Suddenly, footsteps became audible as someone drew near. Dave turned around and grabbed a fire ax from the other corner and carefully looked out the open doors. Bonnie opened his eyes and mouth wide, about to attack Dave but suddenly froze as he reached the doorway to the room. Dave laughed, knowing the programming in Bonnie's system didn't recognize it. However, he found it odd that the robot could still see and recognize him in a room it wasn't supposed to know existed. He chalked it up to the scanners in its eyes. He walked up to Bonnie. He tossed his trench coat on the ground and revealed his fitted purple dress shirt.

    He swung the fire ax at Bonnie's neck area twice. The second time it struck, the endoskeleton's head fell off. Dave knew the neck-area was more thin and frail than the rest of it. And when Bonnie's head fell off, the rest of the animatronic powered off. Its body fell to the floor lifelessly. Dave stepped out of the room and picked up Bonnie's head. He took the mascot head off and stared at the endoskeleton face. There were two black bulbs behind the animatronics eyes with tiny light-up scanners. There was a small metallic jaw that was shaped like a human jaw. A groaning sound coming from Bonnie's inner-speakers startled Dave. He tossed both the mascot head and endoskeleton head on the floor.

    He was surprised that it was still functioning so he opened Bonnie's chest and began crushing the endoskeleton with his fire ax. The metal devices all broke apart and the wires inside were cut. When Dave was finally done, he left Bonnie's destroyed parts just outside the room. Just before stepping back behind the red doors, the lights of the building flickered. Dave looked up, confused. He always thought Freddy's had bad wiring. But the power should have been completely shut off.