day 23 - pt. 2

The group walk quietly towards Ryan's apartment. Except for Seungmin and Hana, who were in the back talking about music together, everyone else was too scared to say anything. Chris was trying to lead the conversation at first when they walked out of the café, but gave up eventually when he realized how big the tension was.

Izzy sighed, trying to dig her hands deeper into her pockets. Ryan noticed that, and glanced over at Hyunjin. They were walking next to each other, but that was the only thing they did. They didn't hold hands, they didn't talk, they didn't even look at each other. And Ryan was pretty sure it was his fault.

The dark haired boy sped up, reaching the two in the front, leaving Chris in the back with Seungmin and Hana. "Walk a bit faster, I want to talk to you," he proclaimed, making Hyunjin glance at him. "Yes, talk with you, come on."

Izzy watched the two walk in the front and sighed, just staring at the ground as she walked.

"What do you want to talk about?" Hyunjin raised his eyebrow confusedly. "I don't know what you know, or what you think, but whatever it is, it's probably wrong," Ryan said, only leaving the older boy more confused. "I don't think anything."

"Right, because no one would assume anything after finding out their girlfriend is sleeping over in a different dude's apartment," he scoffed. "Doesn't matter what I think, or want. It's up to her in the end," Hyunjin shrugged. "If it's just up to her then why aren't you together?"

"We...are, kind of," he mumbled, his eyes looking everywhere but on Ryan. "Dude, she came to me crying last week because of the amount of hate she received. She cried because she is like absolutely in love with you, which I still question by the way. She felt like she wasn't worth you. I think it's you who has the final word, not her."

Hyunjin's eyes widened and he looked at the taller boy next to him again. "Wait, so she hasn't been distancing herself because of you?"

Ryan frowned. "Ew, hell no. I mean, I love her but not in that way. She is my best friend."

Hyunjin raised his eyebrow, not sure if he believed that. "You don't find her attractive, even a little bit?" Ryan glanced to the back to look at the brunette, shrugging. "She is pretty, sure, but uhm not my type. Complete opposite of my type actually."

"I don't know if I believe that," he admitted.

Ryan sighed, looking at the boy next to him as if he wanted to see all his features. "I didn't want to tell you at first, but if it makes you more at ease, you are more of my type than she is. And if you want to know my type completely, Chris fits the most."

Hyunjin had to blink a few times, "what?"

"If you were only worried about me and Izzy being a thing, then you have no reason to not talk to her now. Go get your girl, it's annoying having to listen to her complain about wanting to cuddle with you every night."

"I am trying to get my girl though," he argued. "She is scared, I know," Ryan nodded, sighing. "That's why she didn't answer you right at the café, but let her think for a bit, she'll probably jump at you right after we get to my apartment." 

Ryan wasn't far from the truth. 

Just when the group walked through the door of Ryan's apartment, Izzy took Hyunjin's hand, taking him with herself to the kitchen. "Is that a good thing?" Chris watched them carefully. Ryan shrugged, showing them the living room so they could sit down. "I guess we'll see when they are done with the talk."

"What's going on?" Hyunjin asked confusedly, but didn't hesitate to follow her. "We are going on, that's what's going on," she answered, stopping once they weren't around anyone else.

The brunette bit her bottom lip. Seeing him actually standing in front of her made her suddenly nervous. She was even more nervous than when she confessed to him for the first time.

"I don't know what I want to say if I am honest," she mumbled. "But...I know I want to try again," she looked up at him, his smile calming her down immediately. "I just got anxious when I heard him talk about me like that, I am sorry," she apologized quietly. "I am sorry for disappearing after that, I just didn't want you to be ashamed of me."

Hyunjin shook his head, taking a step forward to her to wrap his arms around her. "I am sorry. I promise I won't let anyone say anything bad about you ever again," he proclaimed, making her smile as she hugged him back. 

"You can't promise that, babe," she looked at him again. Being so close to him again after so many days was only tempting her. Especially when she saw how he looked at her. 

"I can do anything I want, darling," he whispered, his breath landing on her skin. "I'll make sure everyone knows not to say anything bad about you or they will have to deal with me," he assured her, his confidence making her chuckle.

She nodded, standing on her tiptoes and doing what she wanted for a while now. She kissed him again.

Their lips on each others' felt only better after so long. Being able to be so close again, after all the tears and doubting was something they both needed.

"Looks like it was a good thing after all," Seungmin commented, turning around so he wouldn't need to watch the two of them anymore. Hana chuckled, smiling happily at the sight of her best friend being happy again. "Looks like I won't have to listen to her complaints anymore after all," Ryan mumbled, also smiling. "I think we should pack her things again," he glanced at Hana and she just nodded to him.

"No more running away?" Hyunjin asked quietly, already missing the feeling of her lips on his.

"No more running away," she promised, holding his hand. "My dear Hyunjin, I promise I won't run away again, no matter what."

He smiled, nodding to her. "I will miss your letter," he proclaimed, a chuckle escaping his lips, only making her smile grow even wider.

"I won't stop writing them," she assured him. "The only difference is you will be reading them while I am sitting in front of you."

"I love you."

"Not more than I love you, love," she answered with a smile, connecting their lips again.

 "Sincerely, your Izzy," she whispered against his lips as he pulled her closer to himself. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 • 𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐧 🎉