Chapter 09

A/N: Feeling much better now! (About time) In fact, it's safe to say that I am healed! Thank you guys for all the support on the story so far! It's very encouraging! Here's the new chapter!

Chapter Nine

In the jungle, there was only one method of settling disputes among animals. I grounded my foot onto the floor, preparing to charge head on intoBethanyand hopefully knock the ugly from her face, my nostrils flaring.

The waiter, however, couldn’t have chosen a worse time to come barging in with a tray of food. I spun around, caught off guard with his sudden entrance and knocked into him. I, the waiter and the tray of food crashed down onto the tiled floor.

The downside: I was at the bottom of the hubbub.

The upside: Pedro had done a good job of shielding me from most of the tray’s contents.  

“Oh no, that quiche was François’s most amazing yet. I really wanted you all to try it!” exclaimedBethany. She was quite sympathetic…. with the food!

“I’m so sorry miss!” the waiter exclaimed, hopping up and bending down to assist me.

“No worries. You did take most of that oh so holy quiche on your face anyway,” I shrugged, accepting his hand. I heard him let out a low chuckle as I stood to face my frowning father. Pedro was cool with it, why couldn't he be? I thought, crossly. 

Then again, Pedro was young. 

I sighed. “I mean, it’s okay. I am sorry for bumping into you?” My voice rose on the last bit, making it sound like a question as I gave dad a ‘you happy?’ look.

“You saying or you asking?” Pedro questioned, beginning to wipe my face with something. I stepped back, furrowing my brows at him. Since when did waiters talk back like that? “I’m just cleaning your face.”

“I’m fine thanks. How else will I know if it truly was good?” I wiped some off my cheek with my finger and tasted it.

He chuckled, and I saw them; dimples- a girl’s worst nightmare.

“Are you always such a hazard to everything and everyone around you, Aisha?” Shane piqued up. I hadn’t even noticed the idiot since coming back downstairs. To be honest, I don’t even think he was in the room.

I spun around, purposefully knocking into him. “Does this answer your question?” I asked, sweetly.

"C'est un catastrophe! Jayden, what have you done?" a thick, French accent bellowed. I turned to see the white coated man immerge through a side door, taking a hold of Pedro, who had straightened.

"François, don't worry about it. He is not at fault. It was just a little clumsiness on Alicia's part,"Bethanyspoke up, stepping forward to meet him.

"Je suis Madame reconnaissante. He will clean it up immediately. It will never happen again!" François sounded relieved, and pulled Pedro towards the kitchen as he continued yelling in french.

As we all sat down again, dad kept on glaring at me. I could sense the major lecture coming whenever we said good evening to Bethany and Shane, but there was no way I was going to let her win.

On striking up conversation, she chose the wise road in not mentioning anything that had just happened and focused on herself instead. Shane had long since tuned out and was on his phone. He sure was typing furiously. Wattpad?

Nah, he was too scared. I held back a grin as I focused on my phone. I had kept Monty waiting long enough.

Me: You still there?