Chapter 07

Here's the new unedited chapter! Enjoy~

Chapter seven

From the ‘You must be on crack’ look Darren was giving me when he burst into my room, it’s totally legit to say that I resembled a cackling hyena as I fell backwards, still in my chair, and hit the ground with a resounding thud. I didn’t even notice that I was upside down as I held my stomach fighting to keep down the fit of laughter already erupting from within me. Of course, the more I tried to hold back, the more the laughter, tears and snorts burst out. Eventually, after a while this, Darren just slammed the door on me.

It wasn’t till the tide of nausea and that light headed sensation overpowered me did I even make an effort to get up. And, still chuckling to myself, I picked up the chair, but this time, I collapsed on my bed with my laptop instead of returning on the chair. I wasn’t usually this easily transformed into a grinning idiot, but this was just too priceless! Biting my lip, I opened up the Wattpad page.

All the while, the screen had been flashing orange and buzzing out of control. Oh what I’d pay to see Shane’s face now!

Him: How the f***

Him: What the hell do you know?

Me: More than you think Shane. You're very special to me.

He didn't reply quickly, and I quickly type in another message. There was no way I was going to let him run away that easily.

Me:  I'm always watching you and thinking about you. I know that the band on your hand was to get out of work. And that there was no way it could've been broken since you were able to play guitar at that club so well.

Yeah, I could just imagine his face then. He was probably wondering how the hell I knew that. My grin spread.

Him: Who the hell are you anyway?

Me: How can you ask me that after all we've been through Shane? If you think playing the jerk card is going to advance things between us I don't like it.

Him: You're confusing as hell.

Me: But you feel the same way right?

Him: Crazy ass b*tch!

Jerkpid_for_you has logged off’

I smiled to myself. It was nice to know that once again, I held the reigns on things. But, once Shane had run away like a scared little girl, I was left with practically nothing to do, and that’s how I came to be stalking Dark_poet001’s profile page.

Who am I kidding? Doing that was like a natural, daily (more like hourly) habit. And as it was about an hour ago, there was nothing new on his page. No new status, comments, nor anything on his message board.

“Of course,” I said aloud, “He told me that he had to go.” And there was no reason for him to lie. Right?

Wrong.

My eyebrows furrowed as I scrolled on to his ‘about me’ section. I was positive that up until a few moments ago it had only been about a two line quote (which was quite an improvement on his previous blank space). So why was there now like a whole chunk of words?

I scrolled upwards again and at that moment, the jerk of a contraption I called my laptop started acting up, and nothing happened.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!”