Chapter 05

Chapter five

One line.

That was all I had come up with after I'd spent nearly thirty minutes of some serious soul searching. For God's sake, I was a pretty busy girl. I had homework and projects and all the normal stuff from teachers who didn't understand that students had lives outside of school. But, what did I place my priority on?

My poetry.

My freaking expressions.

After Shane's gracious message, I'd decided to write to vent out some of feelings. And believe me, I had a few four letter words and such I'd love to use, but for some reason, I don't think that a string of curse words are exactly poetic.

But, also, during that time, I'd reached a decision. Shane was going down- Wattpad style. And by the time I was done with him, he'd wish that he'd never crossed my path.

And the jackpot of it all? 

I'd be undercover, as girlyoudontknow. He wouldn't know me, and he'd be lucky if hell even accepted him by the time I was through with him.

I rubbed my hands together in satisfaction as I leaned forward in my chair. If I only I could've pulled off a decent evil laugh instead of sounding like a snorting pig, I'd say that I'd make the best evil sorceress ever. Not that I care about these things, but it was in the moment.

"Okay, time to work," I said in a malicious tone that even I didn't know I could pull off. I went onto Shane's profile and scrolled down to the many, many, downright nasty and promiscuous comments on his message board, and wasn't surprised to see most of them had been reported. "You'd think he'd have the decency to..." I started, but really, this was Shane Mason. The only decent thing about him was that he didn't walk around in the nude. 

And as to practically shamelessly showing of his true colors on his message board instead of taking it to private messaging, I could only conclude that he probably thought it was 'sexy,' and a lure for the sanity deprived and desperate idiots that were into that kind of thing.

Oh yeah, I was so going to make him suffer.

 I was almost finished typing my message when my mother's voice called up to me. 

"Coming!" I yelled back, rereading what I'd just typed.

Girlyoudontknow: @Jerkpid_for_you Look, I don't know what made you so screwed up, but it worked. And when I feel like lowering my intelligence, I'll talk with you. 

 Yep, that'll do, I thought smugly as I closed my laptop and plodded downstairs, wearily. I really hoped it was dinner because it had been a while since I'd eaten, and I'd say that two slices of apple pie, a hamburger, two bags of cheetos and granola bar hardly counted. But then again, if mom had made another attempt to cook, we'd probably be in for a weekend at the emergency room.

But the kitchen was more or less still intact and I could hear my mom in the other room talking.

"Mom?" I called just as she appeared by the doorway, staring at me in that no nonsense manner, with the phone in hand. 

"Aisha Michelle Pierce..." she started, and I sighed. The full name was never a good sign. 

I looked at her expectantly, trying to count off the possible things I'd done that week that she might be mad at. Oh boy, I was going to need some extra fingers. 

"The Principal just telephoned here." She paused to look at me and I stared at her unmoving. She wanted me to confess first, as often was our drill, but really, I had no idea what I had done to get the principal interested in me. A few teachers- yes, the janitor- if I made an effort, but never the principal. Despite beliefs, I did know boundaries and as a star athlete, if I wanted things to work well for me I had to maintain a reputation.

"Yeah..." I trailed off.

"She called to 'check up' on my 'situation." I stared at her, unblinking. "The woman that I needed to see a shrink!"

I uttered weird cross between a snicker and a cough and mom narrowed her eyes at me. I threw up my hands in surrender as I shrugged.

"I might've mentioned that we've taken dad's leaving to heart and may have told her about the emergency room case."

"Yeah, of food poisoning!" She exclaimed. "Aye! Aisha! Do not go spreading such tales. There’s a parent conference soon for God’s sake.”

I tried to contain myself. “I’m sorry mother.”

By the time we’d ordered our dinner and eaten and I’d gotten back to Wattpad, Jerkpid had sent me a private message.

Him: No sorry. I don’t the whole nerd and bad boy shit. It’s overrated. So don’t get your panties in a twist, girly ; )

Me: Are you always such an idiot, or are you making a special effort today?

Him: Struck a nerve again, didn’t I, girly? ; )

I smirked to myself. The jerk really did thought he had me figured out. But then I frowned mid-way in my reply. What was with the nickname? And could it have been any worse?

Me: I’m not a nerd. And Girly, seriously? You sound like an old man. But who’s to say… the internet’s crawling with filthy bastard like, perverted old dudes. And let’s get one thing straight, if Wattpad had a block user button, I’d abuse it on you.

Him: That’s what your types always say… You know you want me. And unless you’re some old hag, your hormones are going crazy right now.

Yeah, with freaking contempt, I thought bitterly.

Me: My types? Oh you mean sensible enough not to fall for your bull sh*t?

Him: You want me.

Me: Yeah. In a freaking corpse.

Him: Wow. Nerd got game.

Me: Bad boy still ain’t got brains.

Him: What’s your name?

Well, that threw me off.

 I couldn’t try to evade the question because he’d just keep persisting. No one on the site knew my real name so why should I tell him of all people? And plus, if my charade had to go on as I’d planned he couldn’t make any connection between Girlyoudontknow and Aisha. I had to always have the upper hand.

Me: Why do you want to know?

Him: Why do you have to be so difficult?

Me: Fine. It’s Chloe. Not that you’d remember it in five minutes.

Him: But, you’re hard to forget, girly. You make quite the impression ;)

 ~

 A/N: I lost the original of this and I had to rewrite. I feel like it's not as good so don't be surprised if I re- rewrite (Is that a word?). 

Remember, votes are awesome but comments are evern better.

End of chapter question:

How did Jules and Evan from the original My Wattpad Love Story written by Cold_Lady19 meet on wattpad?