Baby

The next morning, Ponyo wakes you up. The city was flooded, almost to your door. You and Ponyo stick your heads in the water and look at all the sea creatures. 

"The water is so high. Mom must be stuck. Too bad we don't have a boat..." Ponyo pointed at my toy boat "There's a boat!" I shake my head "It's too small." "It's not!" He walks over to it and expands it with magic.

 "Oh! Thank you! You even made the candle bigger! This is fantastic!" You push the boat into the water and it floats "We need to fill the boiler. The water gets sucked in through this pipe, and then it gets heated up here in this round thing!" You went underwater and started to blow on the boiler. Ponyo helps you, by blowing the other end. 

The boat shoots forward. "Looks like everything's shipshape!" Ponyo kept repeating the word "Shipshape!" You then go into the house and put things into a backpack for your trip. Ponyo goes onto the boat's top, while you stay at the bottom to steer it. 

You get some matches to light the candle. One match started burning. But then it goes out. You threw it because it was boiling to handle. 

"Ow," then Ponyo repeated what you said "Ow!" The candle then starts to burn and you hear Ponyo gasp "Look at that!" "It's burning!" Ponyo repeatedly says "It's hot!" The boat starts to move "it working (Reader), we're shipshape? Right?"

 I nod my head "Yup!" "This is a good boat." You start to sail across the water with your toy boat. "Hey, (Reader), look at me! Hey, this is even more fun!" He looked at the candle. "That thing makes my nose hot!" "Ponyo, you be the boat's lookout, and I will do the steering, ok?" "Mm-hm! I'm on the lookout!"

Later

You are sailing across the water. The forest is now completely submerged in water. You and Ponyo see some ancient fish swimming in the water. 

I said "Those are ancient fish! They lived during the Devonian age." "I know that one. It's Bothreocepholis. And that one is..." "Diphnorincus." I add "Diphnorincus!" they yell. A giant, white ancient fish appears. 

"That one is huge!" "That Devonynchus!" Eventually, some voices are heard saying "Ahoy!" "I'm gonna say that. Ahoy!" You push the candle closer to the middle of the boat, and it goes faster. "Woah, that's fast! Ha!" 

You were happy that you were getting used to this "I'm getting the hang of this!" The boat starts to drive toward the other boats. "Get ready to stop, Ponyo!" He blew the candle out. You see a mother, father, and an infant on the boat. 

The mother said, "Hello, you two." I greeted them with "hello." The father admired my boat "Hey! That's quite a boat you've got there!" the mother looked at me and noticed it "I've seen you before, you're M/N (mother's name), little child, aren't you?" 

Ponyo stands up "They're not a little child, they're (Reader)! "They're Ponyo!" Ponyo nods, and then points at themselves "And, I used to be a fish!" the mother giggles "Is that right? I like your name, Ponyo. It's cute." "mm-hm."

 "By the way, have you seen my mom?" "your mother? Why isn't your mother with you?" the father asked, "she went to the senior center." "Wow, way up there?" the father sounded astonished, "my baby likes you." 

The baby stares at us but it starts to cry. Ponyo starts to try to grab something in the backpack that he was carrying. "Oh, sweetheart..." Ponyo shows them a green cup. 

The mother holds it. Ponyo unscrews the cap on a thermos and pours in the cup. "Oh, thank you. 

It smells good! She starts to drink the soup "Wow, that's good soup, thanks!" Ponyo points at the infant "The soup's for him!" "Oh, I'm sorry. He's a little too young for soup, he can only drink milk at this age. 

But I could eat the soup instead, and it would help me to make milk for him." I nod my head "Yeah, my mom made milk for me, too!" "Ponyo, what do you say? Is it alright if I eat the soup?" Ponyo nods his head "That's fine." 

"Thank you." You then notice large boats with some of the townspeople rowing toward them. "People from the town! It's just like a parade!" "ahoy! Do any of you need assistance at that time?" the father said "We're all good here, but thanks for checking on us, captain!" "We are taking everyone to the Mountain Peak Hotel. For safety, we say that you should follow us!" 

"aye-aye! Will do!" "looks like the whole town is here." the mother looks at the crew "I don't see your mom. I hope she is ok. "Time for us to cast off." 

his father then told us to "hold on a second..." Ponyo started to take off his backpack, unzipped it, and handed the mother three lettuce, tomato, and cheese sandwiches "here, have some milk! It's for milk!" the mother was speechless "Oh, I..." 

"They already ate all the ham off of those sandwiches." "Thank you, that's very generous of you, Ponyo!" "(Reader) here, I brought you the biggest candle I have." the father gave me a candle "Thanks, Ponyo will make it bigger. See you later!" You take the candle. "Take care!"

 "Be careful" The boat starts to move away from the couple, and Ponyo looks back at the baby. He starts to cry "Oh! What's the matter?" Ponyo starts to transform himself into a half-human, and starts to walk on the water (Jesus) I turn around to notice the Ponyo left "Oh!" Ponyo grabs the baby's face and then smothers him.

 Then he runs back onto the boat and becomes a human again, and giggles back to the mother and baby and waves them goodbye. The baby starts to giggle while the mom questions what just happened.

(999 words)