~1.0~

~1.0~

She was out of her element here.

In every possible way.

A young woman was hunched over and clutching her rounded abdomen as pain ripped through her lower body, stomach and back. Her brown skin glistened with sweat as she breathed heavily through the pain.

She cursed.

This body; this stupid, rotting body.

The sounds of an engine made her alert and looked towards the door of the abandoned chattel house she was hiding in. She lowered closer to the ground, trying to get smaller.

Never has she felt so vulnerable. So weak.

The engine was cut and replaced with the clashing and sleek sounds of metal and cables shifting around. The sounds of the animals that surrounded the house went silent.

There was quiet before the door was opened.

In walked a woman. She was pale skinned, her blonde hair in a ponytail on her head. The clothes she wore, covered by the large white medical coat.

She wore her disguise well.

Then again, they always did.

The doctor caught sight of the pregnant woman.

"Well this is certainly a sight" she drawled. "I wonder how you ended up like this"

"You're the doctor, you should know" The darker woman snapped.

The doctor's face turned cold and her body straightened slightly. "Careful. Don't forget who you're talking to"

But the young woman couldn't care at the moment, too preoccupied.

"Is everything done?" The darker woman grunted, her face scrunched in pain.

"Yes, I have the paperwork right here."

"Then get this child out of me!"

And with that the two ladies started a long and tedious process. The doctor instructed the woman what to do. But with no anesthesia, no medical equipment and considering this was no normal birth, the younger woman felt every second of anguish.

"Almost there" the doctor said, glancing at the younger woman who screamed.

"One more. Push!"

With a scream, the woman did as instructed.

"That's it"

She could immediately feel the difference, her body sagging as exhaustion settled.

But that didn't last long as panic soon took over. She instantly processed the depth of what really just happened. The darker woman looked up at the lady that held her newborn who wasn't making a sound.

"What's wrong!? She should be crying right??" She demanded.

She slowly pushed herself up ignoring her shaking limbs and the absolute pain that went through her body.

She was too focused on getting to her child.

However, the blonde woman didn't answer. Instead she stared at the baby girl in her arms.

"Remarkable," she muttered. The baby girl, though quiet, was alive and breathing. In fact, her wide hazel almost brown eyes stared up at the doctor in curiosity. Yet no sound came from her.

The doctor didn't even wipe the blood and fluid off of the child. She just stared.

"Frostglade!" The new mother snapped. Only then did the doctor look away from the baby.

The darker woman was standing, her eyes glaring as she breathed heavily. She outstretched her arms.

"Give me my daughter" she said strongly.

"Do you know what you've done?" Frostglade instead asked. "You've given us what we needed"

But the woman ignored her and instead narrowed her eyes. "My. Daughter. NOW!"

"I'm sorry Shockwire." Frostglade said before she turned around.

"She must be brought before him"

The darker woman, Shockwire, panicked. She closed her eyes briefly and took a deep breath before opening them. Her eyes shone bright with rage, so bright they illuminated the broken down room of the old house.

"I'm sorry too," the woman said, her voice lacking emotion. With the child now out of her body, no longer inhibiting her she could use her abilities again.

Instantly, Shockwire moved. A dark purple aura surrounded her as her broken, anguished body seemed to fix itself.

Frostglade was barely able to turn around before a long steel sword went straight through her chest. The woman gasped before blue liquid spilled from her wound and her mouth.

Shockwire gently took her daughter from the woman before using her other hand to twist the sword and pull it out.

Frostglade's chest exploded, metal springs and steel flying everywhere. The rest of her then hit the ground.

Shockwire stared unflinchingly.

Frostglade was dead.

It was then when the silence was broken with a small melodious sound. Shockwire's eyes widened before she looked down into her hands.

The baby girl, her daughter, was making a noise almost as if she was giggling. Shockwire's sword slipped from her hands as she brought that hand to wipe some of the blood and fluid from the child.

Emotions filled her pathetic body and tears filled her eyes at the sight, the feelings. She couldn't explain the love that she felt for the child.

"What trouble you've caused" she muttered as she grabbed some old cloth and wrapped the child.

The woman glanced at the remains of Frostglade with a sneer before bright eyes dimmed.

"Come little one" Shockwire said as she walked out of the abandoned house and into the dark of the night.

As she walked, she thought of all the possibilities. Of the chaos that will now ensue. The child would be abused and killed. She couldn't let that happen.

"I promise I will protect you, trouble. With everything I have."

And so it begins.