~2.1~

~2.1~

2 years after the Mission City battle

3 months after Allspark incident

Bridgetown, Barbados

Tuesday 10:30 A.M

I swerved around the many people walking through the street, careful not to hit into many bags. So many people were in town today to shop.

I was heading towards the wharf to meet my mother on the bridge. The sun hot is ass and little beads of sweat ran down my forehead.

I then slowed when my phone rang. Struggling with the bags I myself had, I fished it out of my pocket and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Layla"

I couldn't help the smile that spread on my face.

"Hey BB, What's up?" I asked as I looked both ways before crossing the street.

"Sam's leaving for college" he said and I nodded to myself. Was it that time already? Damn, I only have a week or two left then. I must've forgotten.

"It's that time already?" I muttered.

"He isn't taking me with him" Bee said sadly and I completely stopped.

"What? Why?" And I jumped when a car horn went off.

"You sound busy, we can talk later"

I didn't disagree. "Alright, TTYL"

Bumblebee hung up and I carefully crossed the road. Making it to the bridge, I spotted my mom with some delicious Chefette in her hands. Her dark skin was sweaty from being in the heat and moving around.

Mom's hair was straightened and long against her back. A small nose and plump lips with pretty brown eyes that could look like a dark red depending on the light.

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Da was fast" I said as we walked to the bus stop

(That was fast)

Sitting there we ate the chips (fries) to slow our hunger and my mother looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"You don't wan see da damn line" she answered and I giggled.

(You don't wanna see that damn line.)

A bus eventually came and we got in, talking about random things or anything really. Or just listened to my mother complain about people. She wasn't the most social person and hated people but would tolerate them.

We finally made it home and the first thing we did was eat. Then we unpacked what we had bought, making jokes or simply just laughing.

I had spent the last three months with my mother, catching up with her and my island. We had a good relationship, an unbreakable bond and I loved my mother very much.

We've been through so much together.

However, she didn't know anything about the transformers or my Allspark abilities. She knew nothing at all. I could tell she was surprised when I suddenly came home when it was normally later down in the year that I would visit. She was also a bit standoff-ish but maybe it was my imagination.

Let me give a recap.

At first, Ratchet and the others didn't want me to come. Afraid of how the island and distance would affect me but they didn't really have a choice.