~1.13~

~1.13~

Few days later

Layla hadn't talked to anyone since she woke up. When she did, Ratchet had done a series of check ups and had left her alone after finding nothing wrong. After all, what she experienced was a bit much for her. She was curled up on the medical bed, still in the office.

Layla hadn't been eating much, or talking much and Ratchet was starting to get frustrated by her lack of, well anything really. She needed to be with her friends and family instead of wasting away in his office. Not to mention the young scout wouldn't stop bothering him about her.

"How long are you going to sulk in here?" Ratchet asked.

"I'm not sulking," she pouted.

After a few moments, she got up and stretched before looking at the doctor.

"I wanna talk to Optimus please"

Ratchet eyed the curly head before contacting Optimus and eventually he arrived. Layla stood up, posture straight as if she was about to challenge the two mechs.

"I would like to have permission to go home," Layla said. Ratchet raised an eyebrow and Optimus seemed confused.

Ratchet spoke up. "You've been discharged for a long time long now, we aren't -"

But Layla cut him off. "No. Barbados. I wan go home-home"

Immediately Ratchet refused. "No"

"Why not?" Layla asked hotly

"You'd be too far out of reach and we wouldn't be able to get to you on time. What if something happens? Especially on such a small island considering your recent flares" Ratchet ranted.

"Ratchet is right, Layla. It is too great a risk"

"I was already planning to go home before all of this." Layla said. "What were you going to do? Trap me here?"

"Layla-"

Layla sniffled.

"Please, I just- I don't wan be hay right now. I just wan gah home for a bit" she said, tears falling from her eyes. "Please"

(Please, I just- I don't want to be here right now. I just wanna go home for a bit)

She looked up to them. "I just need some time to clear my mind for a bit."

"Layla-"

Layla stepped closer, her face close to the Cybertronians'.

"I need a break!" she exclaimed before pointing to her head. "You have no idea what it's like in here!"

She paced, trying to take a deep breath and Ratchet noticed a slight spike. However, Layla seemed to calm down a bit.

"I didn't expect to be carrying an entire alien race on my shoulders. The power of a world in my hands." she looked down at her hands before clenching them. "I killed Bumblebee. My best friend. One of the last people I ever wanted to hurt."

She looked at them again. "And I miss my mom. I haven't seen her in years, I haven't seen her since all of this. I-I want to go home"

Both Optimus and Ratchet understood her feelings. Of course they would. They knew better than anyone else what she was feeling. And for someone as young as Layla, it would be difficult

Optimus sighed and Ratchet turned to Optimus.

"Optimus-you can't be considering..."

Optimus gave Ratchet a look, full of understanding and concern for Layla but also contained a knowing glint. One that Ratchet understood, practically saying 'we will discuss later'.