Chapter 36 - Recollection Of The Past

Every small girl dreams of her wedding day. One of the happiest days of her life.

 I dreamt of mine for years. Only the past several months had felt like a dream and I could not believe that I was getting married tomorrow to the love of my life.

If you had met a couple of years back and told me that I would be sitting in the suite of an expensive hotel preparing to say yes to the mob boss of the most powerful family to exist I would have laughed in your face.

It is crazy how things happen. It's crazy how life has its turns. 

 I remembered the first moments that I had set foot in his office with his beta holding me by my collar.  

"What's your name?" Vinchenzo asked finally leaning back in his seat, his green eyes practically seeing my soul. 

"Stephanie," I muttered sticking to the name I gave Dantè earlier on. 

Vinchenzo looked suspicious which scared me and I began to pray that he wouldn't recognize me from somewhere. "Ah, I see," He said, "And Stephanie," He said gritting his teeth emphasizing my fake name, "Do you perhaps happen to not have a surname?" He said looking at me. 

"I do," I nodded, "It's Suter,"

Our relationship had started off on the basis of lies but over time it evolved. Only I didn't know that he knew my real name and all there was to be known about me.

"Well Agent Dawson, I was wondering how long you thought you were going to last in my lair," He snickered, "No one can cross me and get away with it. Alive." He snickered like the sadistic man he was.

He had tried to scare me but as I looked at my engagement ring I smiled, clearly he failed. 

As I thought about our relationship I knew it wasn't conventional. It was so different from what you would see on television or in Hollywood movies. However, that didn't mean we didn't have our fair share of beautiful moments and memories to look upon. 

"What are you thinking about?" Sienna asked disturbing my train of thought as she handed me a bottle of wine.

"Just Vinchenzo." I smiled.

"Oo!" She grinned as she nudged me, "I can't believe you guys are getting married. Time flies." She laughed.

I nodded my head with a laugh, "It really does. Out of people who would have thought that an FBI agent would end up with a mafia leader." I laughed.

"You redeemed him." She smiled softly, "He became more humane the day you walked into the compound as Stephanie."

"I doubt that! He set Trevor on me!" 

"I remember!" She said as I touched my cheek where the scar used to be. It was long gone now.

"You went from random red head to the most hated rat and then to the most respected woman in our ranks. That is remarkable."

I blushed, "Thank you." 

Sienna nodded, "No need to thank me. It is the truth in alll its simplicity."

I smiled but said nothing.

"When is Francesca getting here?" 

"Not sure. Hopefully soon!"

"Let's have some fun!" Sienna grinned as she pulled my hand laughing.

The suite buzzed with excitement as Sienna and I decided to make the most of our last night as bachelorettes - at least my last night. Tomorrow by this time I would be a married woman, a Mrs Vitali.

We rummaged through the room, finding playful props and accessories. Soon enough, we were adorned with feathers, oversized sunglasses, and tiaras, ready for an impromptu celebration.

"Let's take some pictures to remember this night!" Sienna exclaimed, pulling out her phone. We posed in an exaggerated fashion, capturing the essence of our joyous occasion. Laughter echoed through the room as we goofed around, creating memories that would last a lifetime.

I grabbed the microphone and decided to do some karaoke.

"Which song?" 

"Single ladies!" I yelled laughing as soon as the instrumental version came on and I began to belt out the lyrics. I wasn't the best singer but that didn't matter in the slightest. 

We both laughed as we watched the tape of me singing when the door suddenly swung open, revealing Francesca with a mischievous grin on her face. She held a bag full of alcohol clearly ready to spice things up.

I didn't drink because I did not want to go to my wedding with a hangover.

"Francesca!" I exclaimed, rushing to greet her. Sienna and I wasted no time in adding more accessories to our already flamboyant outfits, encouraging Francesca to do the same. Soon, the suite transformed into a riot of colors and laughter.

We played games, shared stories, and danced to music playing in the background. The atmosphere was infectious, and any lingering nerves about the impending wedding were replaced with pure joy. It was a celebration of friendship, love, and the unexpected twists life can take.

Francesca, always the life of the party, added her own flair to the festivities. With her arrival, the energy in the room soared to new heights. She pulled out a bottle of champagne, and we raised our glasses in a toast to friendship, love, and the unpredictable journey that had brought us all together.

As the night progressed, we found ourselves lost in the sheer fun of the moment. We shared heartfelt toasts, silly jokes, and dreams of the future. The suite became a haven of laughter and camaraderie, a stark contrast to the dangerous world we had navigated together.

In the midst of the celebration, I glanced at the clock and realized that the night was slipping away. The reality of the upcoming wedding hit me, but instead of feeling nervous, I felt a profound sense of gratitude for the friends who had become family and the unexpected love that had blossomed in the most unconventional of circumstances.

The night ended with the three of us, arms linked, swaying to the music in a joyful dance. As we embraced the happiness of the present, I couldn't help but look forward to the unpredictable future that awaited me as the bride of a mafia boss, surrounded by friends who had become an integral part of my extraordinary journey.

Hey Reddies!

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate!

Sooo who is excited for the big wedding day? I know I am.

If you enjoyed this chapter please make sure to vote and leave a comment letting me know what you think!

XOXO

Perla