Chapter 33 - Orchids Or Carnations

I spent most of my days preparing and planning my wedding day. I didn't realise how much work went into planning something of this magnitude. I had already asked Sienna to be in my wedding as my maid of honour and I know Vinchenzo intended for either Sergio or Gianni to be his best man. 

It would most likely be Gianni as Sergio was the Vitali secret weapon. 

"Don't forget the cake and wine tasting this evening," I said as I walked into Vinchenzo's office and showed him the color palette I had chosen.

"I would never forget." He said as he stood up and took a sip of his whiskey.

"What do you think?" I asked as I pushed my tablet into his hands, allowing him to have a look at the palette I had selected, "I put it together myself."

Vinchenzo stared at the screen in silence. 

"I love it." He finally said and I grinned.

"I tried to incorporate as many colours as I could from the Vitali crest." 

"I noticed - I love that you did that." He said validating my choices again.

I smiled, "I will go ahead and order the table decor and all of that stuff with Sienna."

"I am happy with whatever you pick Red. You know I love your taste in stuff."

I grinned and walked off to find Sienna who was lounging by the pool. She was right for doing so as in the next few weeks autumn would be on its way and so would winter with all the snow. That would make swimming impossible. 

"Loving the sun?" I asked as I plopped on the chair next to her.

"Yep, better get that Vitamin D." 

I smirked at that comment and Sienna laughed as she playfully slapped my arm.

"I am thinking of heading to the florist before my bridal appointment at the boutique later. Want to tag along?"

Sienna nodded, "Of course! Did Vitali like the color palette?"

"He loved it!" I grinned.

"Okay give me five minutes and we will head out. I just need to change out of my costume." She said pointing at the bikini she was wearing.

"I'll meet you by my car then." 

We both parted ways and I immediately went back to my room in the compound and grabbed the portfolio. I had been collecting pictures of wedding dresses that I had seen online. I was currently obsessed with a mermaid silhouette that came with an overskirt. 

I then made my way out to the car, turned on the ac, and waited for Sienna. As soon as she arrived, I began to reverse and then we made our way over to the store. When we arrived I was slightly overwhelmed by all of the designs on display. I hadn't expected so many.

"Hello ladies, I'm Jason, and will be here to asisst you with all your floral needs." 

"I'm Arianna and this is my friend Sienna, it's a pleasure meeting you." I said shaking his hand with a smile, "I'm here to order flowers for my wedding." 

Jason took us through all of the designs he made. I showed him my dream pictures was incredibly happy to see that he would be able to easily replicate most of the designs that I had chosen.

"Now you just need to choose what flowers you want. We can easily keep the design the same but the flowers can be changed." He explained as he pushed his glasses up the ridge of his nose.

I nodded, "I love the idea of white roses but I would like a pop of color if possible. I don't want it to be bland."

"Do you have any pastels in your wedding?" 

"No. I am thinking of incorporating sage." 

"Sage is trending right now. We can bring sage in by means of more greens?"

"I like that idea. I want some greens then in between the roses."

"So to confirm all the church decorations will be roses?" He asked as he typed away in a document.

"Correct. I am still thinking about the reception flowers." I said.

Jason smiled before he grabbed a thick book and placed it gently on the desk between us, "I have an assortment of flowers over here you can choose from. Your wedding is eight months away and that is plenty of time for you to think over what you want and we can go from there. I can show you some options now if you would like?" 

"Sounds good." I nodded.

Jason opened the book and began showing me pictures, "Roses are quite popular however we can do carnations, orchids, hydrangeas, hyacinths, lilacs, calla lilies and we can also do peonies. These are the most popular ones right now." He said sitting back.

I nodded, "That's a lot of flowers. I am really liking the peonies, the carnations, and the orchids. Do hydrangeas come in white?" 

Jason nodded, "Yes, they come in a lot of different colours such as pink and purple."

"What would you suggest?"

Jason studied the inspirational pictures I had shown him and then looked at the book a few times, "I really think the orchids and carnations would look amazing here. They won't take away from the beauty of the candles or fairy lights." He explained.

"I agree. I will chat to my fiance and we will both come in and confirm the order. Thank you for your time, Jason!" I smiled. 

"You're welcome. It was lovely to meet you Arianna, and you too Sienna."

"Same here!" Sienna grinned.

When we both left the florist I turned to Sienna who looked really sad. 

"I didn't think my flower choices were that depressing," I joked trying to lighten the mood and make her feel comfortable enough to tell me.

"No, they were amazing!"

"Then what's wrong?"

"No, nothing." She quickly dismissed.

"Tell me!" I protested.

"I don't want to be a bad friend."

"You can never be one," I said.

"I keep wondering when Dante will propose to me. We have been together for so long but every time I bring up the prospect of marriage he gets moody and leaves."

That was weird.

"That's how he reacts?"

Sienna nodded.

"All the time?" I asked again.

"No, he sometimes just changes the conversation. I want to be married with kids someday and I'm not sure if that aligns with what Dante sees in his future. I am scared that our goals don't align."

"Have you asked him why?"

She nodded, "Of course I have! I just can't seem to ever get an answer."

"Don't you worry, I will find one for you." 

Hey Reddies!

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!

If you liked this chapter please make sure you vote and comment your thoughts!

See you in the next update!

XOXO

Perla