Chapter 2 - Trauma

"You quit?" Vinchenzo said as he walked into the room and tossed me my phone.

"Who gave you the right to look through my phone?" I lashed out.

"It was ringing non-stop. I thought it may have been something rather important." He explained calmly.

"Yes."

"What?"

"Yes, I quit."

"But why? You love your job more than anything."

"It is my job that got me here. If I wasn't an agent I wouldn't be sitting here right now. I wouldn't be involved in any of this."

"You can't possibly know that. One day you were going to have a run in with the mafia considering you're the literal heir to one."

"Well see.. if I had not met you, I would not have met Callum who then would not have kidnapped me and therefore would not have been killed thereby could have produced a new heir and I would be none the wiser."

"I understand that you are hurt. I understand that all of this deeply pains you and that you are having nightmares, but I can't help you if you just keep lashing out."

"You know I don't mean it."

"But the words that are leaving your mouth hurt." He said.

"You know what hurts more than silly words? My father passing away. Knowing and realising that I am alone in this world. My mom is dead. My sister is dead. My father was the only one in my family that wasn't dead but now he is. I am orphan, Vinchenzo, and orphan who loved her parents and had them taken away too soon."

"I will come back when you have calmed down. I do apologise for looking at your notifications, I thought they were important." He said.

"It's fine." I said waving him off.

The minute he left the room, I stood up off the bed and without regrets I picked up the glass vase and smashed it against the mirror. They both crumbled to the ground. I walked back to my bed and grabbed a pillow and screamed into the pillow before breaking down into tears.

I hated what I was doing. I was becoming a version of myself that I couldn't stand. That no one could stand. If my father saw me doing all of this and behaving in this manner, he would be disappointed in me. So would mom, and probably my sister too. Heck, I was disappointed in myself. The problem was I could not explain why I was doing what I was doing. I was acting on impulse and lack of sleep.

"I brought you water." Vinchenzo said as he walked into the room and put the glass on the table near the bed. He ignored the mess I had made.

"If you need anything, let me know." He said as he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Help." I whispered and he looked at me.

"It's okay to feel what you're feeling. Let it out, Red. It is better than to bottle it all up."

"Vinchenzo it has been six months since..." I couldn't say it, "Surely the pain would have decreased a little bit."

"People grieve differently. There is not time to finish or start grieving. It's all up to the individual themselves. Some take longer, and some find coping mechanisms. It depends on the person. Six months is not too long or too short."

"I think I want to go to therapy." I whispered.

Vinchenzo nodded his head, "I think that is a good idea. The trauma of the kidnapping and now losing your father must all be taking a heavy toll on you mentally. If that is what you believe will truly help you then I will set up an appointment."

"With a normal therapist please." I begged.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Not one from the compound. I don't need everyone or actually anyone knowing about it."

"You shouldn't be ashamed of going to therapy. But I will arrange for someone outside of our world." He said.

I nodded. I watched in silence as Vinchenzo dialed a friend whom he had known a while ago. I listened to the exchange and sighed. When he ended the call, he gave me a smile.

"You are so brave. You know that?"

"Thanks." I muttered, not believing him at all.

"I know that you think I am lying but I am not. You are beautiful and courageous, powerful and kind. You are so strong, one of the strongest woman I have ever seen. You have survived so many harsh and terrible things in your life."

"I have, haven't I? Why me?"

"Whenever I asked that question, my mom would always say that a strong sword had to go through a lot of heat and struggles to become the mighty weapon that it is."

I sighed as Vinchenzo crawled onto the bed and lay down next to me. We remained silent as we both studied the ceiling.

"Why haven't you left me yet? I am so difficult to be around."

"Where is this coming from, Red?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Deep down I knew that I wanted validation. I wanted to know why he was putting up with me, despite me knowing how much of a pain I was. I needed to hear his answer.

"We may fight, and argue and be crazy but one thing is for sure. Family do not abandon one another." He whispered as he ran his fingers down my cheek gently, "Besides, I love you with all my heart Arianna Dawson. You are my soulmate. The love of my life. I couldn't imagine living in a world which you are not a part of. I would die or just self-destruct slowly. You are the light to my path, the anchor to my ship, the beat to my heart. You are my everything. I would sacrifice the whole world for you without a second thought."

I smiled. "I love you, too."

Hey Reddies!

Chapter 2 is out! I have to admit, it started off a bit rocky but then it got better and then super sweet at the end. Vinchenzo is lowkey my dream guy at this point. Who's with me?

Make sure you leave your thoughts in the comment section and vote if you enjoyed this chapter... see you next update!

XOXO

Perla