Chapter 49: A Complicated Love🌼

How dare he!

HOW DARE HE TOUCH MY MOTHER!

Athanasia grew red in frustration seeing the two people dancing infront of her.

It was going well and then this... vegetable! Showed up to ruin it!

She clenched her fist, hold her head, pulled her hair and make irritated noises and groans out of frustration.

This made the others look at her in confusement, as if the princess has gone so weird for whatever she is thinking. I mean they could understand her really especially with the scene unfolding here. 

Lucas who is beside her, dumbfounded, quickly moved away from her side thinking if she has really gone out of her mind with those actions she's acting right now. As if she was contagious. He gave her a furrowed side eye and pursed lips while looking at her...weird actions

Meanwhile, Athanasia kept wiggling in irritation until she thought of grabbing someone to ease her thoughts,she stomped her feet and faced to her side about to think in grabbing the magician who she still think is beside her and almost fell when she didn't feel his presence.

She opened her eyes immediately, only seeing Lucas already 10 steps or more away from her. She scoffed at his forced smiling face. Athy put her hands on her hips, as Lucas slowly went back to her side seeing that she's getting even more mad.

Angry Athanasia grabbed his arm. "Can't you see what I see?"  Lucas look towards where she'spointing at where the dance floor is, resides two people dancing, one is close to them and the other is the  vegetable as Athanasia per said.

"So?"

"That vegetable is dancing with my mother!"

Lucas looks at Y/n who is dancing with black eyed guest. The magician sighed as Athanasia swings his arm rapidly while complaining about what she'switnessing saying that the guest is ruining her ship. Earlier, after a few minutes of Y/n dancing with Claude, she was held back by the man offering her another dance request.

This is the reason of the Princess uneasable anger. Ever since they started dancing, they seem to have kept going,  even after several songs have already played and ended, they were whispering and laughing with each other. Which did not only tick off the daughter but also the emperor on the higher floor, with his dark crystal eyes overlooking down on them as the Duke Alpheus kept talking to him.

"Do something!"

"What am I supposed to do?"

Lucas glanced back at the man dancing with Y/n. He stopped Athanasia as he stared at him with his red ruby eyes as his mana was attracting something, just like Y/n he also saw some hint of black magic in his eyes. His mana was sensing something more than the spell in his eyes. But he could also sense Y/n's unwavering power as he notice her hand which just crawled on the man's nape glowed before she put it back on his shoulder. Seeing this, Lucas caught notice of Y/n making eye contact with him as she smirked making the magician smirk as well.

Clever kid.

He trusts her. She can handle it, although still...

"He's odd". He looked back at Athanasia.

"What?"

She couldnt hear him properly because he was whispering to the point that she couldn't hear a word. Lucas glanced down on his arm as it's being pulled as he looked back up just to face the glossy lips of the Princess as both of them suddenly notices the proximity as they widen their eyes.