𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 34 : 𝐔𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠👑

"Damn. Time really does fly fast huh?" I ask Lily as we walk along the huge hallways of the palace and some maids were greeting us.

"Mhm, her birthday is nearing again and this time it's her debutante!" Lily exclaimed as we hear rushed footsteps coming.

"Mom!" I turned around just in time to see Athanasia jumped at my back happily.

"Athanasia, just in time! Your father is for you to eat lunch with him" I chuckled.

"Yup, just finished ethics class. Let's go! Bye Lily!" She said and Lily waved as she dragged me to their dining room.

"Daddy!" Athanasia jumped to Claude's arms as soon as he opened the door.

"I told you not to run" Claude said as Athy kissed his cheeks and chuckled before going inside.

Claude turned his attention to me and I just waved at him and goes inside.

Over the years, the kingdom have already got used to their princess calling me her mom, we got positive feedbacks about it though. The three of us were eating until Claude spoke.

"It seems your birthday is coming up soon." He said. I noticed how Athanasia halted at that. She must've known that her birthday is the same as her mother's death day, but still Claude took care of her through her birthday by giving her gifts despite of grieving.

"You can tell me if you have something you want like last time or sometime that you want me to do for you" Claude said and I got interested in their conversation from Claude's tone.

"It's okay I love anything I get as long as it's from you daddy!" Athanasia shaker her head that she's satisfied with anything.

Though it seems that Claude didn't want to hear that kind of answer.

"There's nothing you need?" Claude soad almost in whisper. I chuckled at that and he glanced at me.

'Poor Claude..being forgotten by his own daughter.Haha!'

"Nope" Athy declined. But it seems she must've noticed his reaction too. "To be honest I just like being with you daddy.."

Claude sighed."..Just finish your meal"

After that Felix came and assisted Athanasia to her next class, which leaves to just me and Claude alone in the room.

I chuckled loudly as soon as they left as Claude irritatedly turned to me and I laughed even more.

"Just look at your face right now grumpy frog! Poor you" I cooed and pouted my lips which made him furious.

"Shut up!" Claude gets up as i stand up too from my chair when he started chasing me and raising his hand attacking me with his magic.

"Hey! That's not fair" I floated myself to the end of the room a bit away from him, as I raised my two hands and gathered my magic but as I look up, he was gone.

"Where is he?" I stopped gathering my magic and put down my hands when I got shocked by someone pinning my hands above me and pushing met to the wall "What the fuck dude!"

"You shut the fuck up or I'll make you?" Claude furrowed his eyebrows and tightened his grip on my hands when I tried to teleport.

"Okay!Okay! Fine I'll sto-" My face heated when he suddenly turned silent the I notice his ear turning red as I look at his cold face slowly turning soft.

The atmosphere..it's kind o...

His grip started loosend when he started leaning slowly to my face. Our lips are almost touching.. his lips barely touch my lips when I teleported behind him.

He turned to me and I blushed but I just stucked my tounge at him and acted like nothing happened. He just rolls his eyes playfully and we chuckled together as he opened the door and we walk outside.

"You shouldve just said that you want to be her first dance, you know" I grinned at him as we walk through the hallways and even past the room where Athanasia and Lucas was in and I heard " Your dad likes you much more than you think"

But I bet Claude didn't hear it "Hmm" Claude just nodded as an answer.

The next day "Dad,it's my birthday coming up soon and there's my debutante too. So I was thinking about who I would like to be escorted by for my first dance" Athanasia said while Felix,Lily and I are watching themhave Thier usual tea . I could see the hope lift in grumpy emperor's eyes though.

"Since its a meaningful day, I want to ask for the hand of someone close to me.." Athanasia said. " So won't Felix be best?" She continues which made us all shocked especially Felix who looked like he was strucked by lightning "What do you think daddy?"

Claude puts down his cup and said."Felix, That's not a bad choice. Do whatever you like"

"You-Your majesty that's not-" Felix kept convincing and trembling as Claude also kept glaring and threatening him.

As Athanasia just watched and as if she heard or realized something, her face suddenly brightens up. Meanwhile me and Lily couldn't stop chuckling at Felix's poor state.

At night, I visited Athanasia while Lili was brushing her hair."Hi Mom"

"Hello, good evening" Lily nodded at me and went out to give us some privacy.

"I heard from Lucas that he made fun of you again, what did he do this time?" I asked as I continued brushing her hair.

"Nothing,Just Ijekiel. I-I mean nothing big he'd done Mom, I'm just worried about my upcoming debutante, hehe.." She chuckled nervously but she can't fool me.

"You actually want His majesty to dance with you don't you?" I ask and Athanasia blushes and looked at me meaningfully as I smiled to encourage her.

"Ask him."

The next day, Athanasia told me great news as she dragged Claude along with her. "He agreed, Dad will be my first dance at the debutante!" She happily exclaimed as I glance at Claude at the same time he looked at me too and lifted his lips for a grin.