Chapter 48: While it Last👑

The ballroom was once again filled with nicely dressed people from all over the country, came to celebrate the comeback of the Empress. All swirling and dancing below the glass and spiral chandelier, illuminating the golden walls and polished floor.

It is held in the evening as an after-party of the announciation. Everyone were enjoying the ball drinking, eating, dancing, and laughing with their acquaintances.

"We've been holding so many balls and party lately, don't you think so?"

"I realized that as well"

Felix and Lily danced as the knight twirled her around stopping for a bit when their eyes glanced at Claude, Y/n and Athanasia who is causing a commotion upstairs.

From their view, it seems like Y/n is being stubborn again as she shamelessly sat on the stairs with an unelegant position. The mid and the butler was trying to persuade her since it will be most unlikely for an Empress to be so unelegant. They got speechless when Athanasia sat beside her mom making the two dumbfounded and slap their foreheads.

Felix and Lily chuckled at the scene. It seems like it wasn't really a big deal for the people anymore, she was famous for her stubbornness in the first place as some watched it funny as they laugh on their scene while some didn't care and carry on what they are doing.

Lily gasped when the grip on their waist tightened pulling her closer to his chest. She looked back at him, cheeks red. He chuckled at her adorableness. "You're blushing".

She blushed even more at his comment. "Come on, we should focus on us too". He said as he slowed down their steps, stepping away from her as he spin her around and catching her waist, dipping her down making lily giggle.

They look at each other, mesmerized. Y/n and Athanasia watched them with knowing eyes as they fangirl together. The flickering romance between them has always been low-key ever since the conflict of Y/n and Claude as they vowed as loyal acquaintances and friends to was to protect and love them first before anything.

After Y/n explained abouteverything, she also made them realize that the two also has their own story to write, chapters that must focus to them and finally continuing what feelings have started.

It is between Claude and Y/n now.

.......

Y/n chuckled as she stands up patting her dress after teasing the servants earlier, Athanasia on her side can't stop giggling at her mom's humor. While they laugh, an announcement from the announcer on the entrance of the palace echoed catching their attention.

With the huge palace doors already opened, the same footsteps and clicking of shoes echoes on the floor as the announced guest arrives. Footsteps familiar and unfamiliar to everyone.

Athanasia got a sense of Deja Vu as she sees the new arrivals once again, this time she no longer feels nervous on their presence. Y/n, her mother already knows Athy very well as she held her hand to ease her worries once more.

Everyone watched as the Duke Alpheus, his son Ijikiel, Jennette, ND one other unfamiliar man enters the ballroom. One Duke came to approach Duke Alpheus giving him a glass with a grin.

"Quite late to arrive, Duke Alpheus" He said. The four stopped as Duke Alpheus nodded as he drank from the wine.

"Better late than never, no?" Duke Alpheus chuckled as the man joined him in agreement.

As they chat, Ijikiel and Jennette were already out from behind the Duke and went on different ways. The other unfamiliar man caught Y/n's attention who seemed to have disappeared through the wide ballroom.