Christmas!

Err I don't have much to say about this other than it was rushed ig there's not really a plot they're just silly

Christmas special because I have to stay on that grind fr

Written 12.25.23
Word count: 1080

Enjoy I guess

——

Mk blinked his drowsy eyes as he sat up in his bed. He looked at the clock on his nightstand, which read 8:04 am. Everything was completely normal for a Monday morning when suddenly Mk remembered.

Today was Christmas.

Wait, today was Christmas?

Mk blinked and picked his phone from the floor, which fell off his bed hours ago, and checked the calendar. It infact read December 25th.

"It's Christmas?" Mk stared at the wall blankly. It's Christmas! Wow!"

The boy practically leaped out of bed and tore downstairs. He entered the kitchen, or the living room, and was met with a tired Pigsy, a cheerful Mei, a sleepy Tang and a happy Sandy, plus Moe the cat.

"W- Since when did you all get here? It's like- eight in the morning?" Mk raised an eyebrow as he scratched the back of his neck. Pigsy sighed from the back of the counter as he rolled out a small portion of dough. "Mei knocked on my door at four in the morning with bags of presents. I mean, who even wakes up that early?" Pigsy said as he shook his head.

"For the record, you went to bed at like- what, five in the afternoon? Maybe it was a good thing I woke you up." Mei snickered as she searched the fridge behind Pigsy.

"And Sandy and Tang came a little later, I guess. Get out of my fridge Mei, I'm making breakfast." The pig snapped, making Mei giggle and return to the counter.

"What's for breakfast?" Tang asked as Mk took a seat next to him. "Dumplings and spring rolls. No complaining." Pigsy said bluntly.

"I'm not complaining! I love spring rolls!" Sandy said cheerfully from a booth as he cut out paper snowflakes with a pair of random safety scissors. Moe leaped onto the counter in hopes of knocking some sort of glass onto the floor.

"Alright, before any of you eat, all of you can open presents or something. All of them are on the table." Pigsy shrugged, then smiled as Mk cheered and practically dragged Mei to the table in the corner.

Sandy gifted everyone a pair of mittens, Tangs gift for everyone was books, Mei got everyone a blanket, Mk got them rocks, and Pigsy didn't have presents for anybody. Every year was a nice gift of breakfast, or food in general, and 354.66 Chinese Yuan. (approximately 50 US dollars.)

"Mk, are you kidding me? Rocks? Again?" Pigsy called from the kitchen, raising an eyebrow. "Uh, yeah? Pet rocks! That's like, the best present." Mk said proudly, Mei and Sandy nodding along.

"What rock did I get, Mk?" Mei laughed as she unwrapped her small box to find a dark, smooth looking stone. Mk, who had a collection of rocks and was overall a rock geek, gave her a grin.

"You got an obsidian rock! Cool right?" He laughed, then turned to Sandy. "You got a lapis lazuli, Mr. Tang got a limestone, and Pigsy got a Conglomerate!"

"Where did you even get these? I doubt they have half of these kinds of rocks here." Tang asked, adjusting his glasses and turning to Mk. Mk grinned sheepishly and said, "Ordered em' online! That's where I get most of my rocks from."

"Lapis lazuli is fascinating! And it's blue!" Sandy cheered as he held the stone out to Moe, who smelled it curiously.

"You four go play outside, it snowed last night so you might aswell enjoy it. I'll call you all when breakfast is ready." Pigsy mumbled, then blinked when suddenly everybody tore through the front door and outside, regardless of being in pajamas or not.

"I haven't seen snow in forever!" Mk cheered as he ran through the middle of the road, which was covered in thick snow.

"You saw snow the other week, Mk." Tang smiled as he breathed warm air into his hands.

"Oh yeah." Mk grinned, "Well, like Pigsy said! Might aswell enjoy it! Christmas only comes once a year! Mei, help me build a snowman!"

"Rodger that!" Mei cheered as she ran to Mk and threw a snowball at him.

----

"Monkey king! Open up!" Mk yelled as he knocked on the door to Wukongs shitty cabin. A few moments later, Mk heard locks click and thumping from behind the door. About a minute of countless rattling, the thick wooden door creaked open and Wukong peaked through. Once he saw who it was, the king gave a warm smile and opened the door.

Mk peaked behind him and wondered why he had so many locks on the door, big and small or thick and thin.

"Hiya, bud!" The sun yawned as he rubbed his eyes. "You don't have training today, why'd you stop by?"

"Monkey King, it's Christmas! Did you really think I was going to leave you out of this?" Mk smiled, then his face dropped as Wukong looked beyond confused.

"You wanna celebrate a holiday with me?" He asked, genuinely looked puzzled and a little sad. Mk nodded, "If that's alright with you! I got you something, if you want it."

"You got me something?" Wukong blinked.

"Well, yeah! Of course I did! I mean, it's literally nothing special, but uh- you can take it if you want." Mk grinned sheepishly as he held a small bag out to Wukong. The king hesitantly took it and peaked inside, and pulled out an orange rock.

"You got me a rock?" Wukong raised an eyebrow, then his frown slowly faded into a grin. "Yeah! It's a pet rock, I usually get everyone I know rocks for Christmas. You got a sunset fire opal! It could pass as a rock, a crystal, whatever. I thought it fit you pretty well! So.."

"I love it! Thanks, kid!" Wukong chuckled, then stepped forward and gave Mk a hug. Mk snickered and asked, "Why are you so slobby looking today?"

"I was napping," Wukong's admitted as he stepped back and pat the kid on the head, "I usually just sleep when you're not around, to be honest. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open."

Mk chuckled, and Wukong smiled. "Hey, while you're here, you have time to hang out? I should probably get out bed anyways."

"Yeah, sure! That's another reason why I came! You wanna watch Christmas movies?" Mk beamed and scratched the back of his neck. Wukong nodded and smiled.

"Let's watch Rudolph!"

"Yes!"