Talk to me

Mentions of an eating disorder (kind of?)
     Time period is after season 4?
Jsyk this IS NOT A PEACHY NOODLES SHIP (YUCK!!)

      Written somewhere in November/December 2023
     Word count: 2560

Hugs and kisses! Enjoy! (≧▽≦)

-----

Mk wanted to be better.

Not just for himself, but for those around him. After managing to let Demon Bull King destroy the city, Spider Queen destroy the city, the Lady Bone Demon destroy the city, and Azure Lion destroy the city, Mk wondered how many more times he could manage to fuck up without being killed.

He needed to be better. He needed to stop procrastinating. He needed to focus. He needed to be fit for the Monkey kid role, because that's what he was preparing for, right? So how was he not improving at all? How was he managing to become worse at fighting? How was he managing to become worse at everything?

He didn't necessarily know how much more pathetic he could become, if he had to be honest. He couldn't even take a scolding without feeling like he was going to break down into tears. He couldn't even focus without feeling like there was something literally wrong with him in the head. He couldn't fight without feeling like every punch he threw and every kick he managed to dodge somehow wasn't good enough. He wanted to be good enough. Good enough for Monkey King, for Pigsy, for Mei, for Sandy and Tang, for the city, for everyone.

But truth be told, he wasn't. And he didn't know how he could ever manage to change that.

----

Training with Wukong was rough. Mk was thrown into the side of the mountain and his back felt like it snapped in two. He didn't even manage to pick a fight. The Monkey king flew over to him by cloud and raised an eyebrow, as if he was suspicious about something, and pulled Mk out of the indent in the mountain. The two flew back to the ground in awkward silence and Mk practically rolled off the cloud and onto the dirt. He was exhausted.

He zoned out on the ground for a minute or two before Monkey king picked him up with his tail and snapped his fingers. "Kid, I've been calling your name for five minutes and you weren't answering. Are you falling asleep on me or are you ignoring me on purpose?" He said with a teasing tone, yet his smile fell as Mk blinked and stuttered over his words while fidgeting with his jacket strings. He was shaking terribly, making Wukong blink in confusion and frowned.

"Ok, Mk? Your clearly overwhelmed and on edge. How much sleep have you been getting, bud?" Sun Wukong asked as he put his hands on Mks shoulders. The boy twitched and smiled as he stretched and ignored how disoriented he currently felt.

"Got a full eight hours of sleep, Pig- ah- uh- Monkey king!" He beamed. That was far from true. The overwhelming thoughts of failure and disappointing the people he cared about usually kept him up at night. How the fact that people loved him even though he was doing a half assed job at keeping the city safe. It was his purpose to protect people, so why was he failing so miserably with the one task he was given as the Monkey Kid? Protect people? He was terrible at protecting people. His failed attempts resulted in hundreds- if not thousands killed because he couldn't protect the city from some demons-

"Were you just about to call me Pigsy? Seriously kid, are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up?" Wukong asked, holding up four fingers, making Mk blink and zone out once more,