21 - New Alliances

𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄

Strolling through the maze as my mind replays moments in here and closes them tightly, to get rid of them but I can't stop.

Soft melodies of the birds chirping ease the tension within in body and mind, stop in my tracks and see a young woman in the window holding a baby then quickly close the curtains.

"Who is that, I've never seen that woman here before," I say, narrowing my eyes to get a better picture of her face.

Upon exiting the maze, Chase sitting on a nearby bench only a few feet away from the stone-sculpture water fountain.

"You know Chase I'd say that you're copying my outfit" I pause. "I'm sure you have another outfit in mind don't you?"

Watching as the sunlight shines over his favorite silver ring and wears a loose white dress shirt with khaki pants. Dark shades covering his eyes and wearing an easy-going smile on his face.

"One, before you say anything I had this outfit on first and the shades upgrade the look altogether," Chase says, relaxing against the bench and taking off his shades blinking his eyes a few times from the sun.

I roll my eyes at his comment knowing that he didn't have this outfit in mind, but I guess having those shades isn't too bad an idea —— he's still a copycat in my eyes.

"I find that hard to believe coming from you just letting you know, I'm mad at you for eating my sandwich last night," I said.

Throwing his head back into a fit of laughter and can't even look at me without laughing over and over again. Then grins, chewing the inside of his mouth.

"Vivian, I can't believe you're still upset with me about that" Chase pauses. "Is there any way you can forgive me?"

Breathing in the fresh air watching a flock of birds erupt into the clear skies, one swift motion and never breaking the rhythm.

"There is a way for you to get your forgiveness is to make me a strawberry jam sandwich, then I can forgive" I respond, resting my chin on the palm of my hand and giving eye contact.

"Deal, I'll find a way to make it up to you, Vivian" Chase says, walking away from the bench and back into the manor.

I give a curt nod to his words, as Claire is running towards me crossing my arms and rolling my ankle in a circular motion.

"Hey, I need you to do a favor for me since we're friends and you'll do anything for me right Vivian?" Claire questions, tilting her head and pulling a gullible look on her face her eyes searching my face.

"Friends? Oh, I feel like we're way past the word "friends" since you have your agenda and whatever else going on" I respond, eyes staring intensely at hers to show I'm exactly on her level and could go toe to toe for it.

Her face goes from child-like innocence to a hurtful expression at my words and it's satisfying to watch happen in real-time, but I want her to fight back and not cave in easily.

"Such a stuck-up bitch, I swear" Claire mumbles quietly under her breath, inspecting her fingernails and giving a steady glare towards me.

I grin at her answer, yes there it is that version of Claire Genevieve hiding behind the fakest smile ever and the holier-than-thou act falls through right here. That's the real version of herself that no one else knows about.

"Excuse me?! You and I both know the real reason you got accepted back into the tradition, but since you wanna play games let's play" I respond, stepping closer towards her and putting my finger deep in her chest to remind her who's she messing with.

"Game on, Hawthorne I hope it'll be worth it in the end for either of us," Claire said.

As long as I play my cards right, and have the right people in the right place things are bound to go my way no matter what, so game on Claire and everyone else place your bets and see where the chips fall.

Hope they fall in your favor or not, because I'm not anyone's savior except my own.

A/N

Hi! I swear I keep surprising myself with every chapter I write and what are your thoughts about the chapter please be honest.

What's your favorite quote from this chapter?