02 - Poolside

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋N

"Cannonball" We say in unison, jumping into the pool with big splashes of water accidentally soaking Ashton's copy of "The Great Gatsby".

"Seriously," Ashton said, holding up a wet copy of the Great Gatsby in his hand casting me and Daniel a dirty look.

"Don't blame me Ashton this was all Chase's idea to begin with" Daniel replied, with a sly smirk and resting his chin at the top of his arms.

The sunlight shadows the small ripples within the indoor pool. Fresh towels on a metal rack and robes on golden hooks nearby.

"I can't believe you'd throw me under the bus for your idea, Daniel," I said, splashing him playfully with water and then walking up the steps out of the pool.

Strolling out towards the balcony and seeing Jean taking one last drag of his cigarette, easily puts it out on the ashtray.

He carefully watches me and then settles into a nearby chair, wearing a polo t-shirt and light brown shorts. Slightly tilts his head in my direction and raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"Do you always smoke?" I ask, drying my hair a little too harshly, and breathe out a heavy sigh.

"I try not to always smoke, but if I'm experiencing too much stress that's when it gets out of control" Jean replied, placing his pack of cigarettes back in his pocket and leaving the balcony.

With the warm sun on my skin, watching the workers from the balcony pruning the leaves and security guards patrolling the Manson 24/7.

Being back at the Wellington mansion is the best feeling. My rules to follow are to play to win, make my family proud, and don't relive any memories with Vivian Hawthorne even if it's too hard to resist.

 My rules to follow are to play to win, make my family proud, and don't relive any memories with Vivian Hawthorne even if it's too hard to resist

A/N Hey guys! Thank you so much for being patient for this update! Anyway, this chapter is so short but please stay tuned for the next update!

How was everyone's week?