12 - Gentlemen don't play nice

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍

The SUV stops in front of the entrance to the race track. As the sun bathes over the back of our bodies, feeling the presence of Mr.Wellington standing behind me claps me on the shoulder.

"Well, boys I figure a day out on the racing track for fun" Mr. Wellington pauses. "Especially for you, Chase I hear you're a big fan of car racing."

"Oh, well I like to do it every once in a while," I said.

"I didn't know you keep tabs on Chase?" Ashton says, taking off his sunglasses and placing it in the middle of his shirt.

"Don't worry about it I think it's best to know you guys, and your interests" Mr. Wellington replies.

The black SUV drives off from the racing track through narrow and tight roads in the distance.

Upon hearing Mr.Wellington's comment, I give Ashton a skeptical look and follow in his footsteps.

In the corner of my eye, I see a hand drop the end of a cigarette and come to my right side. "Hmmm, I didn't know you were a fan of car racing," Jean said.

His breath smelling of cigarette smoke and his clothing loose off his lanky body.

"Don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop on people's conversations?" I question, stuffing my hands in my pocket and walking through the back of the building.

"You say it's rude, I'm just collecting information for my use" Jean replied.

"Before we begin this afternoon's activities," a voice said, over the loudspeakers echoing off into the far distance.

Turing into a nearby bathroom, while Jean waits off to the side of the brick wall. Washing my hands in cool water, turn off the faucet and rest them on the porcelain sink shaking uncontrollably.

"No, this can't be happening again" I whisper, clutching my hand tightly to make it stop so that no one else can see.

Drying off my wet hands on the luxury towel and head out to the track with Jean following closely behind.

Mr.Wellington announces over the speakers that the boys will be racing on the track, and for the ladies will cast a ballot on who the winner will be.

Look into the stands while standing on the track and our eyes meet. Those enchanting and beautiful brown eyes that I never forgot how they make me feel, but I can't lose myself in them not here, not now.

Climbing into the first race car I set my eyes on, strap in the seat belt, and pull up close to the starting line. Hearing car engines roar to life and feel the sensation rumble through my body feels exhilarating.

"Ready, set, go!" The announcer declares over the loudspeakers with grating feedback afterwards.

Going around the track in a continuous cycle motion, watching in the rearview mirror to see who's behind me. Until, not seeing a sharp turn and lose control of the car.

Out of nowhere, another car rams into me at full speed, and the car flips over. Glass shatters, constant ringing in my ears, slowly move my head and see Mr. Wellington slide a man with a hat covering his face with a large amount of cash.

"Chase? Chase? Chase? Chase?!"A voice keeps calling my name as I slowly fade into unconsciousness.

                                               A/N

Hey! Everyone I hope you guys saw the post on my message board and give some feedback!

Anyways, who is your favorite male character in the book so far?