17 - We deserve this, right?

Walking beside Chase as we make our way to the boardroom and this is not something I'm expecting

Walking beside Chase as we make our way to the boardroom and this is not something I'm expecting. Right under the chandelier straight across it, I press the elevator button and we wait.

Bodyguards circling the manor inside and out clockwise, and maids running to and fro throughout the building working like Hebrew slaves.

The faint ding of the elevator door opens and we enter, pressing the number three to the third floor. Sighing and clanking of the mechanisms in the elevator grating against each other the most unnerving sound ever.

"So...about that note, you slipped under my pillow" Chase pauses. "You know we could've talked last night."

"Hmmm, it was late at night and you looked like you needed some rest anyway" I answer, crossing my arms and resting my back on the elevator.

Chase looks at me like he has more to say, but before he goes to speak the elevator doors open at our destination. Leaving the elevator and another conversation that's never complete.

Taking in the many family portraits and dim lighting in the narrow hallway, rooms with room numbers on them for members of the Wellington family only.

"What's his deal he must be so bored with his life or something," Chase says, narrowing his eyes at Benjamin watching them through the glass window.

"I have no clue and don't want to know about it, but I'm sure there's a reason why me and you were called to the boardroom," I said.

He nods and holds open the door, while I enter into the room sitting across from Marie.

Mr. Wellington strides in heavily sitting right across from me, while Chase decides to take a seat right next to me which is surprising.

"Benjamin, stop watching people from the glass and sit down please," Mr. Wellington says, glasses hanging low from his eyes, rubbing his nose, and giving the two of us a warm smile.

"What a weirdo," Chase whispers under his breath.

"Since the two of you won this challenge, you won't need to participate in the upcoming challenges unless you feel like being part of the tradition," Marie says, her voice bouncing off the walls in the wide room and resting her chin in her hands.

"But, Chase I have a deal for you that's more in Vivian's favor than your favor" Benjamin pauses. "Unless you have something else in mind?"

𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓

To, Chase Lincoln is to deny any action or injury done to you by Jean-Claude Laurent during the Pandoras challenge must withdraw or forfeit your spot for your counterpart ——- Vivian Hawthorne to win all awards.

Please sign here,

X__________

I see Chase look up from reading the last lines big the contract in front of him and he pushes it back toward Benjamin.

"I'm not signing this contract, since me and Vivian won this challenge fairly we'll be leaving," Chase says, leaving out of his chair and heading swiftly down the hallway.

I follow suit wait by the elevator and look up to see Chase rolling his eyes in annoyance at Benjamin's so-called proposal or deal for him.

"Wait...what was Benjamin talking about Jean attacking you yesterday?" I ask, with my voice wavering in worry more than it should have.

Chase shifts his weight from side to side on his heels contemplating an answer to give or not at all.

"It shouldn't matter what did happen to me, Vivian" Chase pauses. "But, I do want to show you something in the library."

Watching as his finger presses the first-floor button within the elevator and starts with a little jolt that scares me, but Chase delights in seeing me in such a state.

"It's not funny Chase stop laughing" I mumble under my breath, while giving him death glares.

"I'm sorry for laughing at you," Chase says, grinning from ear to ear playfully and childlike.

"Yeah, whatever you say Chase" I answer, rolling my eyes at his playful tone and behavior.

The elevator stops, and doors open making our way to the library as dark shadows follow us through the hallways and tight corners of the manor, giving a haunting feeling lingering on my skin.

"Are we there yet, because I feel like I've been walking for hours" I say, painting heavily bracing myself against an ugly wallpaper wall that's been there for ages.

"Oh, if your feet hurt that bad I could offer to carry you until we get to the library," Chase says, coming back closer to where I am patiently waiting for me.

"Oh...um no it's fine I think I'll manage from here" I reply, pushing off the wall and carefully following his footsteps into the night.

Rounding the last corner of the hallway and slipping into the dark, empty, cold, and wide library with a spiral staircase ascending upwards to another area.

I turn on the lamp switch eliminating a small part of the library, while Chase goes close to the awards searching for whatever he wants to show me.

"Why isn't the yearbook here?!" Chase states, angrily opening up different draws in hopes of finding it by luck or opportunity.

"You know, Mr. Lincoln I hope you aren't convincing Ms. Hawthorne to your personal agenda" Mrs. Wellington pauses. "Especially with finding your" —

"Don't you finish that sentence!" Chase interjects, slamming his fist hard against the cherry-wood desk exposing flesh from his knuckles.

Mrs. Wellington gracefully waltzes out of the library, leaving me and Chase alone in the slightly dim corner. Hearing someone laughing hysterically like slowly losing the mind is so haunting to witness and hear.

"Oh God, that little sneaky bitch is gonna get it,"Chase says, wearing a mischievous smile as the moonlight paints his silhouette perfectly.

                                     A/NHi! Thank you all for being with me as I pushed this upload to Monday as I wasn't feeling well on Saturday

                                     A/N
Hi! Thank you all for being with me as I pushed this upload to Monday as I wasn't feeling well on Saturday.

Did anyone watch the Eclipse today?