04 - Man's world

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍

Blackout SUV's engine rumbles under my feet as we drive away from the Wellington manor.

Large brushes of trees hover over slightly bending outward stretches its branches to enough lengths.

"Where do you think we're going?" Daniel asks, checking his watch and restless movements getting the better of him.

Jean sitting in the opposite seat of mine, visibly showing signs of irritation and grinding hard on his teeth.

"I'm not too sure about where we're going, but whatever is planned could be anything and we just have to be ready," I said, giving Daniel full attention and eyes fill with curiosity about what could happen.

Ashton is fast asleep and his mouth wide open, and Daniel takes a cold water bottle pours some in his mouth, then wakes up from choking.

Ashton is wide awake and in a coughing fit. "Who the hell did that? Because you can go die in a ditch somewhere."

The driver in front of the vehicle raises his eyebrows in amusement, and looks at Ashton through his rearview mirror.

"Gentlemen, you'll be at your destination in a few minutes," the bodyguard said. His earpiece is viable and has an upper case cursive  W ,  at least 6"1, and a gun in place with the holster.

Leaning my head against the window as the SUV pulls into a huge property with an elegant maze and fountain in the middle.

"Thank god, we're finally here and now every bone in my body is killing me," Ashton said. "I'm way too young to experience back pain."

I nudge Ashton in his side and lands a couple of steps behind me. "Hurry up drama queen, we don't have all day for this."

Daniel lets out a hearty laugh and goes up to the house, not waiting for me or Ashton.

Upon entering the manor, a spiral staircase leads upstairs into bedrooms and bathrooms. A few bust statues and oil paintings with dim lighting of a chandelier.

"Mr. Lincoln," a maid called. Beckoning me to follow her lead to the grand dining room.

Mr. Wellington nods to an empty seat next to him, inviting me to his space for this one occasion.

"Tonight, begins your evolution from young boys into men that will obtain skills in our brutal and unforgiving society," Mr. Wellington said. Raising his glass high and a warm smile across his face reaching his eyes.

Everyone around the table takes in careful bites of the food savoring every taste, and flavor, as if it'll be only one moment in time.

Ashton takes in one last bite of his roast chicken with its juices dripping onto the plate. "God, this meal is truly a delight this evening."

The doors of the dining room burst open as butlers and maids swipe piles of dirty dishes and leftovers off the table.

Jean bids me goodnight, and I decide to linger a bit longer than usual.

"Chase"

"Yes, Mr. Lincoln" I answered. Turning on the heels of my dress shoes facing him.

"Just know I'm betting on you to win, don't disappoint me" Mr. Wellington replied. His eyes wore a piercing gaze that could evoke fear and let me know that I could be easily replaced with someone better.

 A/N Hello, everyone honestly I had a hard time with writing this chapter last week, but I'm glad I was able to write something that I'm satisfied with

Question: Guess the word count for this chapter and guess Chase's favorite hobby.

Please don't forget to comment, share, and express your thoughts on the story or chapter so far!