f o u r t e e n

*:・。 Wish I didn't  care  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

*:・。 Wish I
didn't care  *ੈ✩‧₊˚

"I AM JUST saying! Stalking him is always a very viable option." Aurora defended her suggestion whilst putting her hands upwards and in front of her face, professing complete innocence and yet her face spoke a million different emotions, one being how funny she was finding the whole thing. Once picking up her two friends, Belle had taken them to Mcdonald's, the insistent asking on trying the British version becoming too much for the young woman. It was as though she now had two children to look after and it was safe to say that she was not enjoying the responsibilities that came with it.

The night was practically silent, as it bathed the city around them in a blanket that was sure to dissipate the next morning. The car was parked in amongst a busy car park, people only now deciding to head home to their wives or husbands. It seemed to belong to a very posh restaurant and bar, allowing the girls to eat in as much peace as they could possibly get at that time. The windows were slightly cracked open, allowing in the steady yet freezing breeze to infiltrate the car giving each one of them the slightest chill but none making any move to fix it.

"I don't even know where he lives." Isabelle admitted hesitantly, shoving at least three of her chips into her mouth to stop the embarrassment from entering her body. She shrugged slightly as Aurora and Pippy leant forward, both of them flicking her as though it would scare away all of her stupidity but that would be an impossible task. she rolled her eyes at their child like action, flicking their judgemental eyes with a swipe of her ringed hand. "He always came to my house! I never had a reason for it to be the other way around."

"He got you a ring like that and still thinks, yeah I'm going to be an absolute dickhead?" Pippy commented, catching her friends hand midair to assess it even more. The mere action caught Belles attention, a realisation that she had never truthfully looked at the diamond encrusted ring that wrapped around her finger perfectly, the size match being undeniably perfect despite him never asking for one of her rings. She had put it on and merely complained to herself about how much it had gotten in her way but that was the extent of it, she never managed to fully accept how beautiful it was.

She remembered a conversation they had at only eleven years old. It was very short but sweet, filled to the brim with all futuristic occasions before it stacked away on a shelf, not to be remembered again. But Isabelle had, she remembered how she described that ring in exact detail to him, down to whether or she wanted it to be covered in mini diamonds or have one bold one. She created a whole board of pictures designing her life's biggest aspiration, talking the young boy through it with precision and he listed with such clear attentiveness that even a little over a decade later, he could remember it with so much detail.

"How many rich guys do you recon is in that restaurant like right now?" Rory had spotted her friend discomfort, turning the attention onto something else, her eyes trailing over the car park they were sat in to look for expensive cars however she was quick to give up, instead opting to fish for her friends answers. Belles eyes roamed the surrounding area despite the fact she knew the answer.

"Zero."
"Fifteen."

The two woman said at identical times, Isabelle quick to turn to her blonde friend to question her answer. Pip allowed a sweet smile cover her lips, the slight dimples she had on her cheeks being on full display. Her eyes flicked from friend to friend, her answer soon freezing in the cold air that surrounded them, her mind already beginning to not only rethink her answer but defend its honour at the same time.

"Well I mean look at that car, there has to be at least one in there. Plus, if you think about how much a Range Rover actually costs, there has to be quite a few in there. Maybe not millionaires though." The words trailed over her mouth, the defensiveness that was wrapped around them making her normally squeaky voice an octave higher, making her sound more like a mouse than what was normal. Belle however had unassumingly slowly blocked out her words, or was it the ringing that slowly took over them, allowing not even the slightest of sounds to heard.

Her stomach dropped slightly, the saliva that coated her mouth in preparation for her stomach contents to come upwards being forced down her throat. Like her mother had done only a couple hours earlier, she began to mentally connect dots that didn't need to be connected. Isabelle's body was tense to the touch, she could feel her bones unnaturally pushing against her flesh. Her eyes closed before once again reopening, her attempts to read the registration failing each time.

The rudeness over the phone, the sudden cancellation, the guilt in his tone that had, at the time, managed to walk straight past her. They were all signs, signs that she had been warned to look out for by so many different websites and people, signs that she had never expected, signs that she had seen before.

"Isa, you good?" Rory shook her friends arm vigorously, worry painting each one of her features. Belle snapped out of her trance, turning towards her two friends, each mirroring each others movements as they looked over the woman sat awkwardly beside and next to them, her nerves filling up each free space in the car, forcing all oxygen out of the open windows. 

"That's Lando's car."

authors note- i promise you next chapter is really super amazing good but i'm building! so this chapter is very needed 🤞