t h i r t e e n

*:・。 But you the only one I miss,Cause you the only one *ੈ✩‧₊˚

Cause you the only one *ੈ✩‧₊˚

"MUM, I NEED your help." Belle called out after a while of cooling down, the phone call with Lando doing more harm than good. The environment she had surrounded herself in was the opposite of her current mood, it was one of joy and happiness, the same two emotions that joined the Christmas holiday. For her mum was dancing around the kitchen, a fresh batch of cookies slowly rising in the oven as her Dad watched his wife's movements with a smile over his face . All though it was the smaller version of the Elores family, it was the one that Belle favoured the most.

Once again, a candle was lit in the corner, it's inner side of glass being covered in a baby pink kind of colour, the scent being marketed as Cherry Blossom. The floral fragrance climbed into her nose , highjacking the sense. Anything else that lingered from the past days was kicked out, making more room than needed. It almost felt as though she were in a field made especially for the flower, leaving her in a moment of bliss that distracted her from any other events.

"What with?" Josephine froze in her tracks, her dance moves coming to a quick halt as she turned on her fluffy socked heels to look at her daughter, the slightest bit of panic leaking into her eyes. Isabelle froze for a second, looking at her dad and then at her mum, the mere action causing Nicholas to excuse himself, not wanting to even hear the start of whatever conversation was next to appear, something he had learned the hard way with the directness of his wife.

"I just need to borrow your car, if you don't mind. I won't have to have it for long just a couple hours." She stated, leaning on the counter across from her mother, attempting puppy eyes to make her request more appealing. Jo stared back, thinking about it before simply nodding her head and getting back to what she was doing, the ovens alarm taking up all her attention. Her stop in her tracks is what caught her daughters attention however, realisations falling over the older woman's face just to mirror how all her facial features dropped as well, one after another.

"For the airport, to pick up Aurora and Pippy." Belle clarified with hestitstion, unsure on how her mother would react due to how she had been acting beforehand. Josephine began to mentally connect dots that didn't need to be connected in anyway, the look evident in her body movements. She did a fast once over of her daughter, suspicion taking over her eyesight as though she were a metal scanner. Isabelle felt as though she had thousands of pieces of the polished object tied to her, just waiting for the dreaded noise that told you that you had done something wrong.

"I thought Lando was helping. Has something happened? Is that why you were so panicked over the phone? Oh my, had someone died. I'll have to turn these into resource cookies if so." Jo began to ramble, her eyes falling onto the mini bakery going on in the oven before diverting back to her daughter. Belle stood there for a second, truthfully she had forgotten about the lie she had told about Lando picking up her two friends. She hadn't even asked him about it, only thinking he would because of how helpful he had been over the past week.

Isabelle stood there for a second, her limbs becoming numb as all of her mothers inquiry's in such a short span of time tied themselves to her nerves all at once. She looked around the room, each object giving her well needed confidence on how she should react. With a deep breath and her eyes doing a full circle, the woman diverted her attention back to her mother. "He was meant to but I'm honestly not sure what has happened because he got a bit funny with me over the phone. I really don't think anyone is dead however, he sounded more angry than upset."

"Oh honey I'm so sorry. Of course you can, you can have it for as long as you need. Do you need me to come?" Josephine took on her naturally motherly tone, turning off the oven before approaching her daughter to wrap her in a quick yet fast hug, one of similar nature of when she first arrived at the family home. A soft huff passed through her nostrils in the form of a deep exhale as she pulled away, taking in her daughters appearance once more. The shock of her arrival was still yet to click fully into her mind, her heart refusing to slow.

"And I will not be telling your father." She laughed slightly, Isabelle joining her. A small blast of coolness ran down her veins, the sound being something Josephine would never tire of hearing. She would forever be thankful of the opportunity to watch the young woman grow so quickly informs of her bare eyes. The sound of her voice changing, her face shape growing into itself, her personality being the most drastic and obvious. But her eyes and hair fought to stay the same and oh, they had. Her eyes keeping the range of browns and greens swirling throughout and her hair never once growing lightener not darker.

"Tell me what?" Nicholas reintroduced himself without warning, walking back into the room with an unknown box that looked undeniably heavy, the weight obvious in the way the normally strong man's arms had dropped slightly, his spine mirroring the same affects. Jo silently nodded towards the front door with her head, signalling to Belle where the keys were as well as the fact that this was her best chance to get there on time. With an appreciative smile and nod of her head, the young woman was out of the door, her dads confused glance making her laugh once again before shutting the front door.

authors note- super super short but it is, guess what, a filler chapter!!! i've got some good plans for the next chapter however 🫣

as always, this is not proof read but i doubt anyone expects it to be at this point