s i x

*:・。 I wish I had all the answersto heal your heart *ੈ✩‧₊˚

to heal your heart *ੈ✩‧₊˚

"THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T drink." His voice was the first to break through the impenetrable void that she had surrounded herself in.

For even as the cafe echoed with the loud conversations of those who inhabited it, yet there was something about being in Lando's presence that was instantly comforting, he had the ability to calm the world.

Even after all of the years of knowing the Norris boy and even after the years of having no contact with him, he still had that same paralysing affect that rushed throughout her veins, powering through any obstacles that it found without.

As a mere ten year old feeling such powerful feelings when the person you thought of as your best friend grabbed your shoulder whilst he was laughing, it was a tough, hard thing to understand so she didn't, she left it be. Left it gather inside of her until she couldn't anymore.

And here she was again, hiding information from him, information that could ruin everything that she had gained in the past few days.

"Are you always late or?" Belle's inquiry brushed passed his previous statement, starting a whole different conversation that didn't cover her day drinking.

"You text me simply the word 'emergency', I got here as fast as possible. Now, why are you drinking at 1pm?" His question was unwavering, taking on different forms yet still having the same underlying concerned tone.

"Because, we are so stupid." She responded with a tight lipped smile and wave of her hand, her ringless hand.

"Oh, right. Why's that?" Lando finally sat down, the screaming of the chair against the flooring making that clear. The pair sat in silence, staring at one another, each trying to figure out what the next move was. "Was it because we forgot this?"

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a velvet box before sliding it across the table so it could reach her.

"You couldn't have done this a day before? Saved me from my sister and my mums lecture?"

Coffee grinds permeated the air, soaking themselves in every particle of oxygen it possibly could, until all that was left behind was the scent of its sibling. The imported beans glided throughout them with ease, as the aroma absorbs instantly in her lungs, the slightest notes of cocoa familiarising themselves with her tastebuds as they made themselves comfortable.

"I only realised when you text me." The man defended, fixing his posture as his hips went upwards in the air to make himself more comfortable in the solid chair.

"How? How can I forget the one most important thing in an engagement? It's literally so obvious-."

Despite the minimal days spent with the woman, Lando knew better than most, that she surrounded herself with, about Belle's self blaming tactics, she jumped straight into them without any previous thought process and there was no stopping it.

"We forget a very obvious thing, yes. However, we agreed to do it in the middle of a supermarket so why don't you just take a couple deep breaths, yeah?"Lando recommended, his hands guiding the oxygen entering her lungs and the carbon dioxide leaving.

"That's it." He praised as he watched Isabelle with strong eyes, taking in her movements to witness as her shoulders began to relax. "And now we can think about planning a bit more."

"Right okay, that's a good idea because mistakes keep on happening and we can't let them happen if people are going to believe us. I think they are already getting suspicious of us, especially my older and truthfully married sister, Mary. She is the worst and definitely is not normal. She watches over me like a hawk i swear and-."

"And I'm rambling again about pointless things."  This time, she cut her own words off, banishing then back to her brain where they would do nothing but be heard by only her.

"I don't mind. As for Mary, some people just like to put their problems on someone else so they can feel as though they are struggling with the same thing." There was something so alluring about the way he simply spoke. It was no different to the average person and yet it still managed to have such a harsh affect on the woman.

His eyes of blazing chartreuse, never failed to leave her with a lack of words as she let them cast over her face as though she were a painting, but there was something so soft about them that it made them more beautiful than Belle thought was possible.

With a clearing of her throat and a shake of her head, breaking off any eye contact the pair had, she composed herself as much as possible before speaking. "To get the story straight, I was packing my suitcase and I put the ring aside as to not loose it but then I did actually loose it but you found it in your bag or something which is why I have it with me right now."

Lando stared silently at her, before he also broke away instead picking the assortment of sugars and salts to look at, distinguishing the two different condiments by the colour of their packets. There must of been something lingering in the air, mixing itself with the coffee because he had never felt like this before, not even before a race. "Got it."

"Good, now fiancé, I must be off to prepare myself for getting ready. I will meet you at the front gate at 10:15?" What was meant to be a statement came as more of a question, to which he gave a simple nod.

"Are you alright driving?" His eyes averted to the empty shot glasses placed in a row on the table before looking back at her in the eyes.

"I walked, thank you though." Isabelle called behind her retreating figure, her steps only confusing themselves even more.

"I'll see you later then."

authors note- it's so windy outside and i am low-key scared of storms ngl 😔

i would like to make it clear that i have no idea what colour his eyes are, istg they change so i went with my best guess!

also so sorry for the short chapter, it's a filler!!