t w o

*:・。 i don't regret just pretend shit never happened *ੈ✩‧₊˚

shit never happened *ੈ✩‧₊˚

THE SOUND OF SLIPPERS sliding against the laminated ground became obnoxiously loud as Belle's mother approached. Turning her head to the side, feeling the feathery touch of the decorative pillows against her shoulders, her eyes fell upon her mothers slimmer frame. Jo's eyes were trained upon the fireplace, practically decorating it with only her eyes.

The interior felt naked, bare of any sense of the upcoming holiday, also know as Christmas. Yet a soft blend of colours originating from the show that Nicholas was watching illuminated the room. Filling the walls surrounding with a comfortable warmth, one that nearly banished the wintry crisp that had taken over the village. Engulfing the miniature part of the Elores's family in the violent arms of Peaky Blinders.

Few candles continued to sway in the minimal air, the very candles that were described as Christmas melted softly and slowly into a wax.

A vanilla made its way to the younger woman, the same way it did when she had first entered her childhood home and that is when she realised that the scent did not belong to a candle but rather her mother, the woman that was so lost in a trance from the bareness of her home that she was yet to ask her daughter what she had intended when she had first entered the room.

"Belle, honey. I'm going to need you to run to the shops for me." Josephine's voice slotted into the room perfectly as though it were a figure skater although the request was an unusual one. She was such a control freak that it was unlikely that she asked her daughter to do something for her, instead doing it herself no matter the circumstances. Jo must of seen the confused look on her daughters face because not even second after placing the request, she was answering the follow-up questions.

"Your father and I have already had something to drink so we can not drive and i've got my first party tomorrow and I don't have anything in for it. And no I can't go tomorrow because I will not have the time no matter when I wake up." The words tumbled out of the woman's mouth, leaving no room for a breath just like she had left no room for any of Belle's responses.

"I'll go get ready and then I'll go." Isabelle responded, her arms slotting next to her sides to give herself the boost she needed to be able to get up and off the sofa.

"You'll take at least two hours to get ready and the shop will be shut by then. You need to leave right now if you are going to make it." Jo's voice was merely an echo due to the distance she had created, going to grab a piece of paper which could only be the shopping list she had prepared.

Deeming it pointless to hold up any more of a fight, Belle pulled on her wrecked uggs before exiting the warmth of her home.

Her eyelashes fluttered against the blow of the wind, the feeling of damp, stray snowflakes landing upon the mascara-less black hairs. They immediately soaked through acting as though lost tears dampening her dry eyes. Her lips felt moments away from being numb despite the little time she had been out of her car, the sight of softly exhaled extra air freezing the minuscule second it conjoined with the surrounding air.

The shop doors slid open upon sensing her closeness, the heated air escaping as though it was being held hostage. A faint sound of Mariah Carey's 'All I want For Christmas In You' playing as background noise for all the fellow shoppers which were few as the night continued on its rampage.

Isabelle took this peaceful time to read over her mothers list, "Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and red of any kind as long as it's on the top shelf and get multiple bottles of that, I will pay you back. Any kind of beer for your father and some whiskey as a just incase. Baileys would also be useful" She read under her now warmed breath, metaphorically patting herself on the back for successfully understanding her mothers illegible handwriting. Although Josephine was naturally a very neat and organised woman, those desired traits were not wasted upon a pen nor pencil. Instead, she used whatever energy that had not been snatched from her throughout the day and drained it on the innocent peace of paper.

"How much alcohol could ten people need?" Belle questioned no one in particular before setting off on the important mission, her steps taking her re long way around the shop, passing by everything that she desired before ending on the wine aisle. The slabs of white were covered in the dooming liquid, one wrong move or swing of the basket and the area that surrounded would turn into a bloody crime scene.

Filling her lungs with a hit of air, she began the walk of dread, her hands slowly twisting around the bottles before she lead them down one by one on the pieces of metal that provided support. Clinging and clacking began to follow her around, the sounds gripping onto her grinch pyjama bottoms as though they were the presents he was stealing.

A few extra items were added along the way, Isabelle's attempt at calming down her basket however her attempts miserably failed, instead only succeeding in annoying the metal even more. The lingering pain of the handles constantly digging into her upper wrist caused Belle extreme discomfort though she soldiered on, soon making it into her final personal and unnecessary aisle, sweets. The only though that kept her going was that every red mark and bruise would be worth it just to be able to eat some British chocolate, something she had been so heavily deprived of for too long.

"Isabelle?"

authors note- brought my reindeer slippers out of hibernation this week so thought it was only best to update my only christmas fanfic so far, Beauty!

I hope you all enjoyed and have/had a lovely day!